FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Doubling intake seals

Doubling intake seals

Working my D back together and I was looking at schematics online and it says the “backup ring is no longer available and you can “double it.” Seemed like a decent seal but wanted to check with the yall. Thanks in advance the help!
    Attached Images

My VIN:    03500

Quote Originally Posted by Trevino08 View Post
    Working my D back together and I was looking at schematics online and it says the “backup ring is no longer available and you can “double it.” Seemed like a decent seal but wanted to check with the yall. Thanks in advance the help!
    The Delorean Go site says they have 200 in stock. I've done enough business with them that these numbers are pretty much true. https://www.deloreango.com/us/back-up-ring.html This is a site and people you can trust if you never done business with them before.

Dave B.

My VIN:    11596

I looked at doubling them up when I lost my backup rings. I don't think it would work well especially since the location of the W-pipe affects other stuff like the throttle. Also risk of squeezing an o-ring out the side. I bought a new pair of backup rings from DeLorean Industries and couldn't be happier.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Yes, the fine print on P/N 102282 Backup Ring (pair) at DMCH says No Longer Available (and it still recommends doubling up the O-rings to make up for a missing Backup Ring) BUT their listing also lets you add it to your cart.

When Houston is out of stock on a part the price usually shows up as $0.00, you can't add it to the cart and they have a "Notify me when part is in stock" flag you can click. The price is showing. The Notify Me flag isn't there.

So my guess is they DO have that part. Or they need to fix their listing.

Best to just call them if you're interested.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

I've doubled up on the ORings with no issues.

Thanks for the quick answers. I called and they said they THINK they have them. We will find out if they come in the box! Worst case, I will order from DG.