FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Drivability and a hot start problem

My VIN:    6272 10638 17158

Drivability and a hot start problem

Looking for a few opinions if I could, cars been driving fine all season thus far, jumped in it yesterday morning and drove about 20 minutes to the barn to work on one of my other cars. After about 3-4 hours working I drove back home. At cruising speed just putting along I could almost feel a pulsing or a bit of a bucking from the engine, not terrible, but you knew something was happening. Could also notice it in the lower rpm when accelerating, almost as if she had a bit of a dead spot then would get up and go smoothly once the rpms got above 35-4000ish

My second problem, which we believe is the accumulator, car will cold start no trouble, and when hot I can shut it off and re start no problem, how ever, when I drive, get hot and then stop for an hour or so at random she won't start again, hit it with a bit of quick start and away like nothing happened.

Pointers would be super, thanks!

Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech RamblinDMC's Avatar

My VIN:    2203

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Check the fuel lines going to your fuel pump at the tank. If you're running an OEM style pump, make sure the hoses inside the tank are not kinked.
    I was having a very similar problem. Turns out my hoses were flexing/kinking when whey got warm and pliable. I repositioned/shortened them and I haven't had any issues so far.

Thanks, I actually forgot about that hose, had troubles a year or so back we suspected the main in tank hose, I had installed a stainless spring into the hose to pervent collapse, but have had the intentions of replacing, lll check it out again!

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

These symptoms can also be that it may be time for a tune-up if you haven't had one in a while or the gas is not fresh.
    David Teitelbaum

Tank should be about 90% new week old gas at this point, and full tune up may have 2000 miles tops on it.
    The miss/stumble is just something that poped up, fine in the am, off in the afternoon

The starting problem happened twice end of last year, did a few things, thought I had it licked but apparently not

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Make sure all the plug wires are fully seated on the spark plugs with a snap / click.

I helped a friend with a no start issue last week, once I got it running from being flooded, the engine had the shakes. It turned out none of the plug wires were fully seated on the plugs. One was so hard to get on I had to reposition the boot on the wire. Once that was cleared up she ran like a champ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.