FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: New steering rack: DMC or PJ Grady? Same?

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I too would like to know the answer to this question.

The expanded metal tube is definitely eliminated based on the image, so the question would be if there is some other compression method as part of the design. It doesn't appear as though the right section of the tube shown above is designed to crush; at least not in the way the stock column is.
    It doesn't look like the column is telescoping and I will inquire about it with the manufacturer if I have an opportunity. It may be redundant however as the Delorean has no engine that might force the column into the driver compartment in a severe collision. I have never seen the column move in an accident situation and I've seen some bad ones. Now if you weren't wearing your seatbelt I could see it not deflecting from your torso impacting it but don't we all wear them in this day and age? It won't stop me from putting one in my own car as time permits.
    Rob

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Stainless View Post
    Compare with the cost of a gym membership.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    It doesn't look like the column is telescoping and I will inquire about it with the manufacturer if I have an opportunity. It may be redundant however as the Delorean has no engine that might force the column into the driver compartment in a severe collision. I have never seen the column move in an accident situation and I've seen some bad ones. Now if you weren't wearing your seatbelt I could see it not deflecting from your torso impacting it but don't we all wear them in this day and age? It won't stop me from putting one in my own car as time permits.
    Rob
    So do you also loose the ability to adjust your steering wheel for and aft as the OEM wheel does?
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

The telescopic feature still works with the power column. if you look closely you will see the Stop collar rings welded about 4 inches apart. the Brain box is resting on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    05141

II have a brand new original DMC steeringvrak built in I can move my steering wheel an inch without the wheels reacting. I was tld dom steering racks have ths problem.
    Big bummer....... has to come out.

Jan

Steering with power

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4