FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dcs 2018?

My VIN:    10907

Dcs 2018?

Has there been any discussion yet about when/where it might be?

My local club is talking about a road-trip event the week before July 4 next year. We probably don't want to plan it too close to another big event. Anybody have any info yet?

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

There was/is a thread here somewhere that mentioned this. Best I can recall an official decision has not been reached, but to pencil in the dates of August 2-5th 2018. No hints on location either.

Thanks... hoping things get firmed up by Oct. since I have to request my vacation time for next year this fall.

(Edit: Found Rich's post briefly mentioning it, that was as of April... http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?15...highlight=2018 )
    Last edited by DaraSue; 06-05-2017 at 11:35 AM.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Finally ... some details for DCS 2018

DeLorean owners, fans and enthusiasts,

Since DCS 2016 ended last July, many of you have been wondering "Will there be a DCS 2018?"
    While not confirming "Yes" back in 2016, the DCS 2018 Team did say a very a hopeful "Maybe".

As many of you already know, the DCS 2016 Planning Team was assembled to "Rescue" DCS 2016 in
    early 2015, and a "compressed" 2015-2016 planning schedule "took its toll" on many team members.

In 2017, DCS is in the process of evolving yet again, and evolution is never quick or easy or painless.
    The DCS 2018 Planning Team is now smaller and each member has more responsibilities than in 2016.
    With limited resources, there is at least a 50/50 chance that DCS 2018 will make it past an upcoming
    "Go" or "No Go" decision this August, so if DCS 2018 is a "Go", we plan to make it another great one.

The location selection process has been slowed by some outside factors (out of DCS hands), but as
    with DCS 2016, one of the DCS Planning Team's goals was to have DCS 2018 mostly "indoors" again.
    As of this past weekend, contract details for convention spaces and hotel were still a work in progress.
    In addition to space and hotel, the contract for food services will need to be finalized at a later date.

The "Big Wild Card" in the mix is for having our next event at an exposition center that has been
    newly refurbished and they have a brand new hotel being built between now and Spring of 2018.
    While it would be great to have DCS 2018 at this location, there is a risk that we may need to have
    a plan for alternate lodging for our event, if the new hotel construction is delayed into the Summer.

If we can get some additional assurances from the new hotel, such as being able to do our room
    registrations before the hotel is completed, there is a good chance we have our new location.
    However, we do have our Plan B in place (and a deal ready to sign) for an alternate location,
    so in either of these two cases, DCS 2018 would likely be held during the month of August 2018.

For those of you looking to do your advance planning for the Summer of 2018, you can pencil-in
    Option 1 - Aug. 9th to Aug. 12th or Option 2 - Aug. 2nd to Aug. 5th. Option 1 dates work best
    for most returning VIP guests, while the Option 2 dates would have less returning VIPs. While
    we cannot synchronize everyone's schedule, we hope to have as many returning VIPs as possible.

Some DeLorean Midwest Connection club officers and members are again assisting with DCS 2018.
    During this DCS transition, the new primary contacts will be Rich Weissensel and Matt Sommer.
    Please keep in mind there is still much to do for DCS 2018 and details take time to finalize.
    If DCS 2018 is a "Go", more specific details will be released over the upcoming weeks.

We hope to be reporting and posting more DCS 2018 details later this month.

Thanks,

Rich W. [for Team DCS 2018]

Thanks for the update, Rich. Can you tell us yet what city you're considering holding it in? Thanks for all your hard work on this project, crossing my fingers that it all comes together

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Thanks for the update, Rich. Can you tell us yet what city you're considering holding it in? Thanks for all your hard work on this project, crossing my fingers that it all comes together
    DaraSue and others,

After considering multiple locations in the Great Lakes Region of the Midwest for DCS 2018,
    the location selection was narrowed down to the best locations for cost and event logistics.

The "finalists" are all in the Greater Chicagoland Area (within an hour's drive of Chicago),
    but Milwaukee, WI - Madison, WI - Wisconsin Dells, WI were all in the running until the end.

Since the majority of the DCS 2016 Volunteers were DeLorean Midwest Connection members,
    the location will also make it easier for our DMC club members to attend and assist us again.

Hopefully, the additional planning meetings (later this week) will get us closer to finalizing a
    location selection, but for now, plan to fly or drive into the Chicago area for DCS 2018.

Thanks,
    Rich W.

My VIN:    6635

Rich - thanks for the update and efforts! Hope everything works out!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Hopefully, the additional planning meetings (later this week) will get us closer to finalizing a
    location selection, but for now, plan to fly or drive into the Chicago area for DCS 2018.
    Excellent! Now here's hoping I actually get enough vacation time to go. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys there!

My VIN:    5625

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Excellent! Now here's hoping I actually get enough vacation time to go. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys there!
    Im watching with baited breath. I havent been able to make any in the past, but would sure like to make this one. Unfortuanely since Im in Alaska I'll probably have to leave my car at home. I too would like to meet other owners.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

A little more info ... almost ready to sign a venue contract

A little more info ...

Sorry for the small info bits. The DCS 2018 Team hopes to get a contract signed before DeLorean Expo 2017,
    so the speculation will not be a distraction, and so that we do not steal any thunder away from the Expo.

Based on a number of factors, we have moved the DCS event dates from both Option 1 and 2 listed above
    "locked in" the event dates for August 15th through August 19th of 2018. (3rd weekend of August)

As you may notice, we have added an additional day (Wednesday, August 15) to the traditional 4 days of
    the Convention and Show. Wednesday will technically be a Full Day, Hands-on, Tech Day at an adjacent
    full service restoration and repair shop (with an antique/classic car gallery and car sales area, all on-site).
    This will be more of a pre-DCS Event, since there will not be other DCS activities going on simultaneously.

More details to follow soon.

Thanks,
    Rich W. [for DCS 2018 Team]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast