FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dcs 2018?

Dcs 2018

Wish they would have it somewhere in the south .

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCSPRINT View Post
    This will be my closest DCS so far, it is 1200 miles away.
    We are lucky that Rich took on the planning of DCS, so if he chooses to host it close to his home thats the way it goes!
    The alternative would be not having it at all. So being picky about the location seem a bit selfish to me.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    10907

I think we have our first volunteer for 2020

My VIN:    10515

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    ...we have moved the DCS event dates from both Option 1 and 2 listed above
    "locked in" the event dates for August 15th through August 19th of 2018. (3rd weekend of August)
    Great news!

Can someone from the "DCS 2018 Team" please verify/confirm what the social media sites are for DCS please...

Thank you

(Or, do you guys need any help with that stuff? www.linkedin.com/in/davetavres)

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

DeLorean Car Show (DCS 2012) at Hilton Orlando, Lake Buena Vista, FL

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Quote Originally Posted by dtavres View Post
    Great news!

Can someone from the "DCS 2018 Team" please verify/confirm what the social media sites are for DCS please...

Thank you

(Or, do you guys need any help with that stuff? www.linkedin.com/in/davetavres)
    Hi Dave,

All the DCS details will be provided in a "New" (Official) DCS 2018 thread, if or when it happens (since we are still working on the 2018 contract details).

Until then ...

DCS Website --> https://www.deloreanconvention.com/

DCS FaceBook --> https://www.facebook.com/deloreanconventionshow/

DCS Twitter --> https://twitter.com/deloreanshow?lang=en

I'm not sure if the "Join DCS Email List" link and function is still working on the website, but it will be checked before the official DCS 2018 announcement.

We have gotten a few "mixed signals" from previous DCS Planning Team members (to what degree they plan to assist with the DCS 2018 event), so if we
    do find out the DCS 2018 Team needs a few more volunteers, we plan to post that as well, after an official announcement.

Thanks,
    Rich W. [for DCS 2018 Team]

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    DeLorean Car Show (DCS 2012) at Hilton Orlando, Lake Buena Vista, FL

Hello, thanks I was there, was a lot of fun, hopefully I can make the next one. Really appreciate all your efforts. Thanks

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Hoping I'll be able to make it to that one.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

One step forward, then two steps back.

The DCS 2018 Planning Team had a couple of volunteers "back out" yesterday, due to new jobs and relocation,
    so we are re-adjusting again. We realize it's difficult to volunteer "from a long distance", especially for planning
    a large event and hopefully the latest additional delay will not be too lengthy.

Good Luck to the DOA and the DeLorean Expo this weekend.

If all goes well, we may have some good news for DCS, sometime shortly after the Expo.

Thanks,
    Rich W. [for the DCS 2018 Planning Team]

Status of DCS 2018, as of October 15, 2017

DeLorean Owners, Fans and Enthusiasts,

Thanks for your interest about the status of DCS 2018. At this time, DCS 2018 is still actively being planned.

Unfortunately, due to a number of "Life Events", the core DCS Planning Team has been reduced substantially
    and the remaining team members have additional commitments, reducing their available spare time. With this
    in mind, there has been significant delays in reaching our contract signing milestones, but progress is still
    being made, and our hope is to have 1 or more contracts signed (at least a Facility Contract) by end of Oct.

Tentative contracts were initially drawn up in May/June 2017 and on-going negotiations have been productive
    in reducing both overall event costs and level of commitments (our minimum Food & Beverage Commitments).
    We have selected the location for DCS 2018 and it will be in the Chicago area, from August 15 - 19, 2018.
    Until at least a Facility Contract is signed, we do not plan to announce the location to the public, yet.

New for 2018, Wednesday, Aug. 15 we plan a Full Day, Hands-On, Tech Day at a nearby auto restoration shop.
    Depending upon a number of other factors, we may limit the Chris Nicholson stainless steel demonstrations
    to this Tech Day, since Chris has expressed an interest in attending all DCS Events on all the other days.
    So, keep this SS Demo limitation in mind, if you want to see Chris do some of his stainless steel magic.

Similar to DCS 2016, most of the Events and Displays will be indoors and air-conditioned, from the DeLoreans
    on display, to the Museum and Vendors. Vendors will be able to display and sell their wares on Thursday, Friday
    and Saturday, with the only limitation being no merchandise sales during the evening dinners from 6pm to 8pm.
    Similar to DCS 2016, the Vendor Rooms will be adjacent to the Banquet Hall, where the dinners are each night.

With less planning and managing staff, the DCS Planning Team has decided to incorporate some "off the shelf"
    online tools to help with the Event and Dinner Registrations, as well as the management of other activities.
    Although we will attempt to keep as many event costs as low as possible, we do anticipate an increase in the
    Event Registration itself, for the costs covered by previous DeLorean Raffle Cars fundraising for DCS 2016.

While Registration costs will increase, we will be removing the previous minimum one dinner commitment, so if
    you want to attend all the DCS activities except the dinners (with Keynote Speakers), that will be an option.
    We have negotiated an "initial" Hotel Room Block for $99/night, with a block of rooms more recently upgraded
    and refurbished, available for $119/night. Hint: Most of our VIP Guests will be in these $119/night rooms.

Our invitation list for BTTF VIPs is somewhat "ambitious" and Bob Gale has been a big part of that "ambition".
    Most of the working BTTF actors may not be able to confirm until 3 - 6 months before our event, so we plan to
    announce the confirmed BTTF VIP Guests (Cast and Crew) as they are able to commit to appear. We have a few
    returning BTTF VIPs and some new BTTF VIPs on our list, including at least one Academy Award Winning person.

Our invitation list for DMC VIPs is also a bit ambitious, with Tamir Ardon assisting Matt Sommer in compiling
    an impressive "Wish List" of DMC VIPs that we will invite. If everyone on our VIP List attends, then DCS 2018
    will be an event Not to be missed. We plan one or more automotive designers making DeLorean Presentations,
    and we plan to have both some new DMC VIPs and QAC POGs, and several returning DMC VIPs and QAC POGs.

Tamir has promised a special screening of his JZD Documentary that is due to be released in 2018. Regardless of
    whether the movie is released in the Spring, the Summer or the Fall of 2018, you can see the movie at DCS 2018.
    Based on its release timing, you may be in one of the first groups to see it or, if later, maybe even a Director's Cut.
    In either case, there will be a Q & A session afterward with Tamir and maybe a few of the other movie contributors.

Thanks again for the patience and words of encouragement, to keep the DeLorean Convention and Show on-going,
    and thanks to the DCS volunteers who have promised to assist the DCS Team at the next planned event in 2018.

Sorry to be a bit vague on some details right now, but we rather keep the tentative information "tentative" until it
    can all be confirmed. By announcing a general DCS location and specific dates, we hope to keep folks interested.

More to follow soon.

Thanks,
    Rich W. [for the DCS 2018 Planning Team]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast