FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sandra Supecar Supermodel

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

This kind of behaviour isn't uncommon - it happens all the time. I couldn't even get an apology from a rep from a goddam PR firm for allowing herself into my my car and posting pictures of it on Instagram even though our contract forbid it. I have long pieces of PVC piping that literally say DO NOT ENTER and block the door that people still climb over. If you want to rent your car, you have to be there and you must have insurance.

The dullard that is sitting on your car doesn't deserve your grace. I'd plaster her face everywhere. Social embarrassment is about the only power we have these days when either people or the law isn't interested in what's actually right and fair.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    4877

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    The dullard that is sitting on your car doesn't deserve your grace. I'd plaster her face everywhere. Social embarrassment is about the only power we have these days when either people or the law isn't interested in what's actually right and fair.
    Also the people with her including the photographer...clearly none of them have any respect for someone else's property..You'd think one of them woulda said 'is it really ok to sit on top of the special car we borrowed from someone else?'...
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Bad things happened at the last "event" I did, and even though my car (luckily) came out unscathed (which was only because my wife and I were with the car the *entire* time, literally policing and stopping people from getting on the hood and such), I swore off of doing such things entirely. It's just not worth the risk for a measely maximum few hundred dollars.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    10907

I'm not a lawyer, but AFAIK in most jurisdictions you can file a small claims suit for minimal cost and the burden of proof is "preponderance of the evidence" or 51% certainty of guilt rather than "beyond a reasonable doubt" for a civil suit. The unedited version of that pic should be adequate evidence of who damaged your car. Adults should know better than to damage somebody's property and then try to evade responsibility so maybe a little visit from a process server would put the fear of god into them...

My VIN:    3462

Club(s):   (DOI)

These cars seem to bring out the worst in some people. Rarely do you hear of these kind of problems with other classic car types. I can leave my Porsche 928 or mercedes 500sl in the Walmart parking lot with no worries, but my Delorean is never left unattended anywhere!

Sad to say its because Porsche and Merc are sooper common cars...people see them all the time so they arent as special (cept to people who like them)..Delorean is one of those that people dont see often and they think of movies when they do and become lil kids.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by DL4567 View Post
    Bad things happened at the last "event" I did, and even though my car (luckily) came out unscathed (which was only because my wife and I were with the car the *entire* time, literally policing and stopping people from getting on the hood and such), I swore off of doing such things entirely. It's just not worth the risk for a measely maximum few hundred dollars.
    This is why when I do events I charge a lot. Wish everyone else would charge more as well.

I feel like many owners don't charge enough and lower the bar for everyone else.

My VIN:    3462

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Sad to say its because Porsche and Merc are sooper common cars...people see them all the time so they arent as special (cept to people who like them)..Delorean is one of those that people dont see often and they think of movies when they do and become lil kids.
    Less 1987 Porsche 928's in the world than Deloreans.
    It's not the rarity. It is because it is a pop culture icon which brings out the idiot in many people!

enhances the idiot in people...lol.

Yes fewer 1987 928's...but the average person doesnt know the difference between a 928, 944, 924...Although I did enjoy seeing one drown in Risky Business....lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I dont think it's necessarily because they're DeLorean's, I think it's because they're stainless steel. The stainless steel does weird things to peoples minds. They see it and immediately assume it's impervious to any kind of damage. You dont see anyone crawling on Porsches, Ferraris, or even other classic painted cars because no one would risk damaging the paint job (something that would clearly happen if you climb onto the roof). For some reason people see the stainless, and in the same way that they assume it's super heavy, they think it's impervious to damage.

I would wager that in the same situation, if that had been a painted DeLorean, you would not have the same incident occur.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast