FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sandra Supecar Supermodel

Sandra Supecar Supermodel

Hi Guys , Ive been a member on here for some time and rarely comment.

So your asked to provide a car for a local fun night charity event and upon collection noticed your car damaged , scratched windscreen surround , bent wiper arm and scratched bonnet.
    2 weeks pass by and then you see this on the photographers social media site. The woman in question has been contacted via social media (its the only contact I have) and my telephone number provided requesting she contacts me.... still waiting her call.

Ive resided to the fact that she will never call. Its not about money its ALL about the principal.
    We all accept that people take certain liberties at times with our cars ...but this gal purely takes the cake. I consider myself to be a fair & patient guy but have to say guys I am sick to the teeth of this kind person who doesnt give a damn about anyone elses property. If the door or T panel had been severely damaged a legal battle would no doubt be pending.

Im sure many of you have experienced same at some point... just so happens this gal got caught on camera and made worse by the photographer allowing it to happen.

Have to admit a very different approach in future with the car
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Thrust Washer; 06-12-2017 at 10:58 AM. Reason: spelling

My VIN:    05457

Sorry to see this. You shouldn't have to babysit the car, especially when a photographer is there as well. I'd like to think people just don't realize this isn't only rude but vandalism, but maybe I'm giving humanity too much credit. It makes me wonder, do these same type of people crawl on other people's non-DeLorean cars in parking lots?
    David Proehl

Quote Originally Posted by Thrust Washer View Post
    Hi Guys , Ive been a member on here for some time and rarely comment.

So your asked to provide a car for a local fun night charity event and upon collection noticed your car damaged , scratched windscreen surround , bent wiper arm and scratched bonnet.
    2 weeks pass by and then you see this on the photographers social media site. The woman in question has been contacted via social media (its the only contact I have) and my telephone number provided requesting she contacts me.... still waiting her call.

Ive resided to the fact that she will never call. Its not about money its ALL about the principal.
    We all accept that people take certain liberties at times with our cars ...but this gal purely takes the cake. I consider myself to be a fair & patient guy but have to say guys I am sick to the teeth of this kind person who doesnt give a damn about anyone elses property. If the door or T panel had been severely damaged a legal battle would no doubt be pending.

Im sure many of you have experienced same at some point... just so happens this gal got caught on camera and made worse by the photographer allowing it to happen.

Have to admit a very different approach in future with the car
    She's not going to call. She would be foolish to call and risk incriminating herself.

I did an event once where this same thing would have happened had I not been present for the entire duration. You would be wise to purchase insurance if you're going to use your car for this purpose. Insurance would resolve damage to your car with near-immediacy. If you had to track this person down, sue in small claims, win a judgement, appeal, get affirmed on appeal, and then attempt to collect a judgment, you could very easily have YEARS invested in the pursuit. Years invested in what would probably amount to a few hundred dollars in paint-less dent repair.

tl;dr version: Buy insurance targeted to using your car for this purpose.

Admin ... I have obscured & kept the identities of the persons from the post..if for whatever reason you feel the photo is not required or inappropriate by all means remove it...

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

This is exactly why you need the person running the event to supply insurance or you must obtain it yourself. You will never get the individual responsible to pay. Best you can do is file a police report but that won't get you anywhere. Any professional will understand the need for insurance and most often provide it. Failing that, they will pay for it and you get it. If they won't get it or pay for it don't do the event. Consider this an expensive lesson.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Admin ... I have obscured & kept the identities of the persons from the post..if for whatever reason you feel the photo is not required or inappropriate by all means remove it...
    If it had happened to me, I'd make sure to post the names, so that others might have some warning that x-person is not to be trusted with their car.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    6585

Admin ... I have obscured & kept the identities of the persons from the post.

And by doing so, you are doing a great disservice to the community.

Be it purely for charity events, or as ways to supplement our restoration funds, many of us allow our cars to be used for events such as this one. Above all we need to be vigilant of course with our vehicles, and many here have already commented on that. However, once we do know of abuse such as this, we need to warn others who might have their cars damaged by these groups/event organizers/photographers/etc., if they come soliciting the other of us for the use of our vehicles. We need to know who these people are so that we may say no to them. Not just for DeLoreans, but for the other vehicles we own that can be used for events as well.

We need to protect our property, and not telling us which groups you know for a fact are willing to damage our cars isn't helping the rest of us.

Please post the information on who these people are, what group this was, who was the organizer, and who was the photographer. We need to know so that we can prevent damage to other vehicles.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Of course you did. After they jacked your car up, just go out of your way to defend and protect them. This thread is worthless.

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

That's shocking Dave, Your showing far more restraint on this than I would have done. I blame the organisers though for not keeping an eye on your property. I do hope that you can get some come back, at the very least an apology and by rights an offer to fix the damage. Why the other people/photographer/organisers ever allowed this to happen is beyond me.
    Chris
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/

Can appreciate and accept the comments above... I live in a small town & word travels fast very fast ...Yes I have not named anyone I have no proof it was her that damage the car , the damage has been highlighted with the organisers & photographer.
    Like Ive already said its not about money its purely principal to highlight the lack of respect some people have towards our cars. Lesson learned , no more public events ...its cars and coffee only from now on.

Non Delorean owners that like to take liberties ...take note.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast