FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Should I rebuild the engine in my CRX?

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    You will likely get by with a snapped bolt and not have it leak terribly. You should be fine getting it to the shop.
    It wouldn't have been so bad if I had more than two and the one I broke wasn't the one that the ground wire attaches to.

My JBWeld repair didn't hold up when I tried to put the nut back on, but fortunately I found a solution: 20180410_154118.jpg

There was enough of the bolt left to attach the ground wire and castle nut onto the stump of it. I poked holes in pieces of silicone tape and used them as a makeshift washer to keep it from leaking and it actually held up and didn't noticeably leak on the way to the shop. I told them to just go ahead and start taking the engine apart and see if they can figure out why it's only getting 75 psi. It'll probably cost me 10X more than the car is worth, but it's never left me stranded in 22 years, which is more than I can say for any other car I've owned and at least 50% of my immediate family...

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Sometimes ya cant put a price on something...so it may cost more than the car...but then you might end up with the only CRX left running 10 years form now.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Sometimes ya cant put a price on something...so it may cost more than the car...but then you might end up with the only CRX left running 10 years form now.
    I think I'm halfway there now, LOL. It took me three months to get a replacement wiper switch last time it broke. How can it be easier to find parts for a car they made 9000 of than one they made 9,000,000 of?

My VIN:    4877

Cause Honda didnt make extra parts...where as DMC never finished building all of them...but yeah, you'd thin....lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    I think I'm halfway there now, LOL. It took me three months to get a replacement wiper switch last time it broke. How can it be easier to find parts for a car they made 9000 of than one they made 9,000,000 of?
    I have always thought it is better to fix my old car than buy a new unless I just want a new car.
    If you still want it fix it.
    Alex Brooks

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6