FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Took my car to a HS grad party

My VIN:    5470

Took my car to a HS grad party

So I was at cars-n-coffee the other day when an excited woman came up to me very thrilled to see the car. She told me that she was organizing the Graduation party at the high school she worked at. And it was a BTTF theme! She asked if I would come and park the car in front of the school on the night of the party. It sounded like fun, so I agreed. Not a rental situation, just something that sounded fun to me. She also wanted me to come and park it in front of the school as kids were arriving one morning before school to promote the party, which I wish I could have, but my current project at work has me working with people overseas and I need to be in early to work during their timezone, so there was no way I could make that happen. The reason I wish I would have done that is because they were expecting about 120-ish attendees at this party, but they only had about 40-50. In fact, I didn't get good photos of people enjoying the car because I was waiting for the "big crowds". As it turned out, the few attendees just trickled in over the course of the 2 hours I was there. Oddly, the boys all strolled past the car as if they were too cool to check it out, and the girls all went crazy, saying how cool it was and jumping inside to take selfies. I really expected it to be the other way around. The school brought out a fog machine and ran it under the car for a bit as well.

In the end, they were nice enough to give me a $50 gift card for my time and I had a great time hanging out with the staff and watching the kids enjoy the car.

IMG_20170612_222959.jpg IMG_20170612_215439.jpg IMG_20170612_214443.jpg IMG_20170612_215914.jpg
    Attached Images

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Nice to hear about folks having good experiences showing their cars...to often we only hear the horror stories.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I'm guessing the Price tag for Tickets might have had something to do with the low turnout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    I'm guessing the Price tag for Tickets might have had something to do with the low turnout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I didn't want to say anything to the organizer, but I was thinking the same thing. Even though I'm sure a lot of the kids that go to school there could afford it, I think that still seems rather high for a HS party.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Yeah kinda pricey..I didnt go to mine for just that reason... 'spensive...lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Rick, Hello again. D looks good are those the lowering springs? Sits well in the pic.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Rick, Hello again. D looks good are those the lowering springs? Sits well in the pic.

Steve
    They do sit very well. It's my favorite mod I made to the car. I would like to go just an inch lower someday. I really liked the stance of yours.