FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Unofficial DOA Expo Las Vegas thread

My VIN:    10907

Unofficial DOA Expo Las Vegas thread

Hope I'm not stepping on any toes by posting this, but I didn't see anything about it here. Got an email last night that registration was open, anybody going?

https://deloreanexpo.deloreanowners.org

Not sure if I'll make it or not b/c I can't get guaranteed time off from work if I don't request it the year before and I've already got plans to go to DeLorean Weekend a month later but if possible I'd like to do both.
    Last edited by DaraSue; 06-21-2017 at 12:32 PM.

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

That is what strikes me odd as well. I have interest in going, but not nearly enough time in advance for me to be able to make it. Some of us just don't have the type of job where we can do something at the drop of a hat without planning in advance.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Id love to go..but it'll take a miracle to get my car done and all the shakedowns by then...lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by Iznodmad View Post
    That is what strikes me odd as well. I have interest in going, but not nearly enough time in advance for me to be able to make it. Some of us just don't have the type of job where we can do something at the drop of a hat without planning in advance.
    Yeah, weird that they'd plan it so close to another event in the same place, too. DeLorean Weekend has been in the works for a while so people who wanted to take a longer road trip to Vegas are probably already going to that, and it's enough time between that doing both in one trip isn't feasible for most working people, but close enough together that anybody who needs half the week before and after off work is unlikely to get that, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Id love to go..but it'll take a miracle to get my car done and all the shakedowns by then...lol
    Praying to the car gods for you... (whoops, hope I didn't break the religion ban, lol...)

There's a slight chance I might actually get the time off to go, but we've got a bunch of people retiring and transferring between now and then so they might not approve my leave request until the last minute/at all, so IDK. One the upside, Rob Grady's going to be at DeLorean Weekend so if I had an issues on the way to the expo it could already be there waiting for him, haha...

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I have a 4 leaf clover somewhere...maybe if i find it and put it in the car....lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    6585

For any updates or general questions, please feel free to check out our 2017 Expo thread here.

We have already announced our first guest speaker, and the second one will be announced soon as well.

Thanks everyone!
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Robert

Can you make the ad in your signature a little bigger please? I can't quite make it out
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    16353

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

The DeLorean Owners Association is honored to announce another keynote speaker for the 2017 DeLorean Expo, Tom Calabrese!

As both the Sales Manager, and eventual General Manager of Las Vegas Dodge in Las Vegas, Nevada, Tom has decades of experience in the automotive world. In particular, Tom was present for the entire lifespan of LV Dodge as an official DeLorean dealership. From its inception with the initial buy-in, until the final days when the company folded. Because of this, Tom was able to witness first hand the experiences a dealership went through with DeLorean Motor Company. Many tales about DMC itself exist from it’s corporate & manufacturing operations, but never before has anyone ever been able to provide the unique perspective of a dealership that sold & warranted the DMC-12.

Tom brings a wealth of knowledge about the franchise experience with the company, as well as the perception of the brand & product they sold. Along with many, many tales and anecdotes about the one-of-a-kind sales & warranty experiences with customers and the DeLorean automobile.

Click here for more information on these activities and Expo registration details… https://deloreanexpo.deloreanowners.org.

19989720_511993745831425_1782748208991619176_n.jpgTom Calabrese Biz Card.jpgceasar1.jpgceasar2.jpg
    Last edited by martydmc12; 07-18-2017 at 08:19 PM.
    Living the Dream since 1993 | Board Member of the DeLorean Owners Association | Co-author of Back to the Future: The Ultimate Visual History
    Like and Follow Facebook.com/DeLoreanOwnersAssociation | Twitter @DeLoreanOwners | DOA YouTube Channel