FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 1991 PRV Dodge Monaco/Premier Electrical Diagrams

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

1991 PRV Dode Monaco/Premier Electrical Diagrams

Spend time tuning, agreed it does take time. Everyone who has done it still doesn't have it right? Disagreed unless I'm the only one. Sure there are numbers you can change to make things run differently but I'd say I have mine set up pretty damn good with no issues to date.

Of course, you need to do what fits your needs and goals and that's what is important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----Dan B.

Swap

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    Spend time tuning, agreed it does take time. Everyone who has done it still doesn't have it right? Disagreed unless I'm the only one. Sure there are numbers you can change to make things run differently but I'd say I have mine set up pretty damn good with no issues to date.

Of course, you need to do what fits your needs and goals and that's what is important.

That's good news. I wonder why the others have had so many issues.

My VIN:    02613

You might be the first to get a donor ECU functioning in a 3.0L transplant. If so, it will be interesting to see how you did it. Failing that, you basically have two options: MegaSquirt, or what's on my car. (And you don't want what's on my car.)
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

What makes it so hard to tune it and get it right under all operating conditions is that you must actually put it under all operating conditions. Like starting it cold at 0 degrees or trying to restart it at 100 + degrees. Tuning takes whole departments at large auto companies to get it right. Rare to see a custom tune really done right. Much easier to modify a good tune that works and make it work better.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

1991 PRV Dode Monaco/Premier Electrical Diagrams

It takes 'a bit' of research, understanding and trial and error to tune. It takes time and, a lot of it you'll actually spend in your car. And this is why you don't see people offering up their countless hours worth of .msq files here. It's not so bad as people think though. If you want to get it done and you are willing to do a lot of reading, you will succeed.

There is no question if I'd do it all over again. Wait, I can't wait to get another one and do it all over again!

Last edited by dn010; 06-23-2017 at 10:26 PM.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Ive tried to help you out man, but you are jumping to your own conclusions.

This will become a timely and expensive exercise for you.

The stock ecu will not work, not at least how you want it to. Even if you get it running you will be forever chasing issues.

I am not sure why you think all megasquirt cars are improperly tuned/running this is far from true. I know I had mine running very well, put on about 13000mi in 2 years before I moved on to a V8.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    What makes it so hard to tune it and get it right under all operating conditions is that you must actually put it under all operating conditions. Like starting it cold at 0 degrees or trying to restart it at 100 + degrees. Tuning takes whole departments at large auto companies to get it right. Rare to see a custom tune really done right. Much easier to modify a good tune that works and make it work better.
    David I believe you are speaking far out of your area of expertise. None of this comment is close to true and very off-putting to someone looking to get into tuning.

[email protected]
    lsdelorean.com

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    David I believe you are speaking far out of your area of expertise. None of this comment is close to true and very off-putting to someone looking to get into tuning.
    What most people call "tuning" is just trying to maximize output. Creating tables, "maps"' is all about optimizing the motor for all different operating conditions. You worry about emissions, fuel economy, reliability and longevity. There is also serviceability and driving comfort. Shift points, cold starting, all kinds of things that you can't do with ordinary city driving or just siting in your garage. Dyno time is expensive so most won't spend the money for all of the dyno time necessary. While the newer ECU's do try to simplify and make the whole process easier, to get it right takes a lot of work. I hope I do not scare anyone from going ahead and doing it, I just think they should understand this stuff is not "Plug and Play". There are forums for this stuff so go over there and find out for yourself what it takes to really get it right. There are 2 big reasons most don't share their files freely.
    1) It takes a lot of work to get it done so most won't share them for free.
    2) Each is so custom that even if you do share it, if you do not have exactly the same configuration, it won't work right.
    Last edited by David T; 06-24-2017 at 01:28 PM.
    David Teitelbaum

Grateful

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Ive tried to help you out man, but you are jumping to your own conclusions.

This will become a timely and expensive exercise for you.

The stock ecu will not work, not at least how you want it to. Even if you get it running you will be forever chasing issues.

I am not sure why you think all megasquirt cars are improperly tuned/running this is far from true. I know I had mine running very well, put on about 13000mi in 2 years before I moved on to a V8.

I'm not saying you are wrong. It only cost me $150.00 to find out if I can get this motor running on the ground. If it will run on the floor I will try it in the DeLorean. IF it doesn't then I'll move on to the megasquirt. I'm having fun playing with it so it's no loss. I am grateful for your help. It's great when people come together to build a hobby. If I do a megasquirt and I get it running I will for sure, share all of the .msq files with everyone.

I was one of the first to do EFI 5.0 conversion in a 67 mustang and I shared my bible with the mustang community and it helped a lot of people.

I am aware that it is said it can't be done. But if I do it, then what? If I don't do it then I'll attest to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiterbandit View Post
    I'm not saying you are wrong. It only cost me $150.00 to find out if I can get this motor running on the ground. If it will run on the floor I will try it in the DeLorean. IF it doesn't then I'll move on to the megasquirt. I'm having fun playing with it so it's no loss. I am grateful for your help. It's great when people come together to build a hobby. If I do a megasquirt and I get it running I will for sure, share all of the .msq files with everyone.

I was one of the first to do EFI 5.0 conversion in a 67 mustang and I shared my bible with the mustang community and it helped a lot of people.

I am aware that it is said it can't be done. But if I do it, then what? If I don't do it then I'll attest to it.
    There are several 3.0 msq files floating around right now, athough another would be nice, its not holding anyone back. Tuning from scratch is much easier anyway.

Not only is it said it cant be done, it has been proven it cannot be done. Why you chose to not believe this I haven't the slightest clue. People are trying to help them and you are just ignoring them and going your own direction that they are advising you against.

Take this for an example... For my LS swap I machine a flywheel from a chunk of 12" round bar stock. Many people would not fathom doing this and say the swap is impossible. But with some careful design and machining it is.
    On the other hand you have a stock 3.0 computer, lots of people say it is impossible. This is because it is true. With no amount of careful planning and wiring will it work, or work well.

But it sounds like you will find this out on your own.

Im not saying this cause I want to sell you a trigger wheel setup, honestly not that interested in dealing with you at this point.

[email protected]
    lsdelorean.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast