FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 1991 PRV Dodge Monaco/Premier Electrical Diagrams

1991 PRV Dodge Monaco/Premier Electrical Diagrams

I am interested in knowing if anyone has the electrical diagrams for the ECC/ECU/ECM for a 1991 Dodge Monaco/Premier?

If not, Does anyone know if the Service manual for these cars show the full electrical diagrams for the engine management systems?

Thanks in advance,,

Brian

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiterbandit View Post
    I am interested in knowing if anyone has the electrical diagrams for the ECC/ECU/ECM for a 1991 Dodge Monaco/Premier?

If not, Does anyone know if the Service manual for these cars show the full electrical diagrams for the engine management systems?

Thanks in advance,,

Brian
    Get a Workshop Manual. Some of the vendors also sell a poster with a color-coded wiring diagram.
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Get a Workshop Manual. Some of the vendors also sell a poster with a color-coded wiring diagram.
    Read carefully, David.

I have the manuals for that car. I'll check and follow-up as to whether it includes the ECU diagrams.

electrical diagram

Greatly appreciate it.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Electrical

Thank you guys! Awesome!

I seen those books on eBay for $7 I'm gonna grab one. I hate buying a bool and it has everything but the one thing you need.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiterbandit View Post
    Thank you guys! Awesome!

I seen those books on eBay for $7 I'm gonna grab one. I hate buying a bool and it has everything but the one thing you need.
    You will still need a wiring diagram for the Delorean also.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

You may find that running a ECU built for a 3,000+LB, front wheel drive, front engine 4-speed vehicle will not be efficient, splicing it in a 2700lb, rear engine, rear wheel drive 3/5 speed vehicle. I tried this with a Volvo ECU and wasted a lot of effort just because I thought it would be 'easier'. Best bet is to get a MegaSquirt ECU and save yourself a lot of headaches. You can tune the car the way YOU want, not the way the Eagle Premier is tuned. After all the work, it is nice to have adjustability over everything in the end.
    -----Dan B.

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    You may find that running a ECU built for a 3,000+LB, front wheel drive, front engine 4-speed vehicle will not be efficient, splicing it in a 2700lb, rear engine, rear wheel drive 3/5 speed vehicle. I tried this with a Volvo ECU and wasted a lot of effort just because I thought it would be 'easier'. Best bet is to get a MegaSquirt ECU and save yourself a lot of headaches. You can tune the car the way YOU want, not the way the Eagle Premier is tuned. After all the work, it is nice to have adjustability over everything in the end.
    The only thing is, everyone who has done the megasquirt says they spend a ton of time tuning and they still don't have it right.

If I can get this running as a stand alone then it'll be better than the 2.8 and that's all I'm looking for right now.

We'll see, if it doesn't work then I'll do a megasquirt.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast