FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 1991 PRV Dodge Monaco/Premier Electrical Diagrams

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    So our cars' manufacturer went to the trouble of installing a sensor ... with nothing for it to sense. Just another little DeLorean quirk, I suppose.

I guess it's a good thing no one has ever tried to use the diagnostic port. LOL
    That port also includes a +12 volt source, a ground, a terminal for the Lambda ECU to read duty cycle, and the RPM sensor. No one uses the RPM sensor but the other wires are useful (if they are all still connected). I guess future plans were to be able to plug into it for diagnostic purposes. On the automatics the plug for the shift computer is right next to it, also for diagnostic purposes.
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    About 5 years ago I looked into using this sensor. This sensor would need to be triggered by magnets in the flywheel since there is no tooth pattern on our flywheel. Although I never took a magnet to my flywheel to check, there is no evidence of magnets ever being installed on it therefore it is just another one of those things that are there in our cars but are useless.

36-1 trigger wheel on the back of the crank pulley - Done.
    And $1,500 to make it work.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Actually the trigger wheel was free with the $60 purchase of Ford EDIS-6, I'd never pay $1,500 for a trigger wheel or to have it bolted or welded to the pulley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    Actually the trigger wheel was free with the $60 purchase of Ford EDIS-6, I'd never pay $1,500 for a trigger wheel or to have it bolted or welded to the pulley.

I quoted $150 for a trigger wheel setup... including welding it to the pulley and bracketry. Which is pretty darn fair Id say. Perhaps 1500 for a whole MS setup which is about accurate if you know what to buy.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Oh, I understand now. I didn't pay nearly that much for my setup, maybe half as much, but I also had almost all components less the ECU and I decided to upgrade injectors, not that I needed to... $150 seems reasonable for a pulley with wheel to bolt on the engine along with brackets.

-----Dan B.

My VIN:    02613

As recently as last year, I was told I should expect to spend $2,000 for a "proper" MegaSquirt setup. (FWIW, I am spending about half of that for my conversion, and that includes the price of the engine. Different strokes for different folks' budgets!)
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I quoted $150 for a trigger wheel setup... including welding it to the pulley and bracketry. Which is pretty darn fair Id say. Perhaps 1500 for a whole MS setup which is about accurate if you know what to buy.
    Don't you have to buy megasquirt to use your pulley and trigger wheel with? Unless I was looking at the wrong megasquirt, I thought it was $1500 for it.

I never said I wouldn't buy your pulley set up. I plan on running a turbo so I'd need a megasquirt and trigger wheel.

1991 PRV Dodge Monaco/Premier Electrical Diagrams

You're probably looking at megasquirt "pro" plug and play ECUs that are very expensive. Check out the direct source www.diyautotune.com for pricing, you just need a megasquirt I, II or III ECU either assembled or for cheaper Un-assembled and you'd need to assemble it provided you're good at soldering.

I run a MS3X 3.57 and after just looking at them, damn did the prices go up! Hundreds more than years ago!

Last edited by dn010; 06-26-2017 at 11:23 PM.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiterbandit View Post
    Don't you have to buy megasquirt to use your pulley and trigger wheel with? Unless I was looking at the wrong megasquirt, I thought it was $1500 for it.

I never said I wouldn't buy your pulley set up. I plan on running a turbo so I'd need a megasquirt and trigger wheel.
    If you plan on running a turbo why bother with the stock ecu (note the title of this thread)

Youre all over the place man. If you took some time and did some reading on megasquirt and the delorean adaptations you could learn a lot.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    If you plan on running a turbo why bother with the stock ecu (note the title of this thread)

Youre all over the place man. If you took some time and did some reading on megasquirt and the delorean adaptations you could learn a lot.

I have a 90 day warranty that the motor is good. Hooking it up on the floor is easy. It will run and I can see if it's smoking, knocking, slapping or any other crazy problem. Either way the stock ECU won't handle mods very well.

Personally I don't know why you are so vested in what I do with my project? If you are offering help great, If you are trying to dictate what I do, it's not needed.

I can weld a trigger wheel to a crank pulley myself. Making sure its at TDC and lines up with the sensor. I can weld and fabricate and I have a great machine shop I used on many projects. Buying your pulley would of just saved me the time.

So I appreciate your knowledge Josh, and I'd like this to be a fun experience. Try not to be so disappointed. It always works out in the end.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast