FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: 1991 PRV Dodge Monaco/Premier Electrical Diagrams

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

I believe Josh, like myself, is just trying to make it clear from experience the easiest way to do it so that you don't waste your time and so that you can have full benefit of all the time and money you put into a swap. Again, I personally tried to run a Volvo ECU on my B280F engine, after all the time and effort- I went to MS. It didn't make sense to go through everything and have no adjustability especially if I want to go to a different engine, different injectors, turbos, etc. I also left all the stock connectors there in case down the road someone wants the original engine back in it.

As I said before, you need to do what fits your needs and goals and I wish you luck.
    Last edited by dn010; 06-27-2017 at 09:08 AM.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

I did offer help, but it was not to your liking so you went down a different path, for reasons that are beyond me.
    It is not my opinion or my way to do things - it is the successful way to get the 3.0 running in your car. But I doubt you read anything based on your questions.
    Your situation is not unique, the diy 3.0 swappers come and go, usually resulting in another car sitting with a non functioning engine for years.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I did offer help, but it was not to your liking so you went down a different path, for reasons that are beyond me.
    It is not my opinion or my way to do things - it is the successful way to get the 3.0 running in your car. But I doubt you read anything based on your questions.
    Your situation is not unique, the diy 3.0 swappers come and go, usually resulting in another car sitting with a non functioning engine for years.
    This car won't sit. If all else fails I've already contacted DMC for a motor.

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

I'm just curious why you keep asking for help and advice and then argue with the responses you get from people who have actually done this stuff. Also quite curious where you got this idea that there are "a lot of Megasquirt cars not running right." Mine runs darn near perfect, and I helped Josh get his 3.0 running darn near perfect from several thousands of miles away.

Also, do not listen to Dave T. about this tuning topic; he really doesn't know what he is talking about, but he will never admit to being wrong or not knowing what he's talking about. He just has to sound like he's the smartest person in the room.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    the diy 3.0 swappers come and go, usually resulting in another car sitting with a non functioning engine for years.
    Usually.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Thanks but no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    I'm just curious why you keep asking for help and advice and then argue with the responses you get from people who have actually done this stuff. Also quite curious where you got this idea that there are "a lot of Megasquirt cars not running right." Mine runs darn near perfect, and I helped Josh get his 3.0 running darn near perfect from several thousands of miles away.

Also, do not listen to Dave T. about this tuning topic; he really doesn't know what he is talking about, but he will never admit to being wrong or not knowing what he's talking about. He just has to sound like he's the smartest person in the room.
    What are you even talking about? I didn't argue with anyone. People are bent out of shape over me wanting to fire a motor on the floor to see it run? Holly crap Batman.

As far as people having tuning issues, I read them in the many forums that pertain to 3.0 swaps and megasquirt. I figured they were old posts and someone by now has found a way.

I will not post anything. I'll just read the forums. I normally share but I see it's not welcome here.

Thanks to those who are helpful. Those who are have been helping me on Facebook. I was going to document my progress here but no need. There's already enough people.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5