FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Left front problems

Left front problems

My left front tyre is scrubbing on the lower valance when reversing on right hand steering lock. seems like its moving forward under load. Its going on a hoist today to check all the suspension bushes. just thought I would throw this up here to get some ideas. no steering shake or wobble driving forward and it does not pull to one side when driving forward.
    Whats your thoughts? before I get it looked at.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Have you had someone watch as you go backwards?

Not being an expert, my first thought is that you have loose bushings or joint...though I'd also think you'd get some bad vibrations driving it and have unpredictable steering.

Getting it looked at is the best thing....be interested to know what you find out.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by airfireman1 View Post
    My left front tyre is scrubbing on the lower valance when reversing on right hand steering lock. seems like its moving forward under load. Its going on a hoist today to check all the suspension bushes. just thought I would throw this up here to get some ideas. no steering shake or wobble driving forward and it does not pull to one side when driving forward.
    Whats your thoughts? before I get it looked at.
    On the lower valence or on the anti-roll bar?

Suspension Left Front problems

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Stainless View Post
    On the lower valence or on the anti-roll bar?
    It is on the lower valance. Put it on the hoist today and checked all the suspension bushes and ball joint and they are all good. turned out to be the lower valance was curving in too far and since my car has super low springs the centre line of the tyre is very close to the valance. A tickle with a heat gun and a slight bend of the bottom edge of the front fender seems to have cured it.
    Measured the fender to tyre distances of both side and they are within 5 millimetres. The creaking appeared to be just the need of some lithium grease on the spring perches.
    Crisis is over I hope.