FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Wanted car in Northeast.

Wanted car in Northeast.

Hi,
    Looking to buy a good driver, no major problems in the 20k or so range. Looked a couple years ago with no luck, so bought a few other movie cars instead. I display movie cars at my Drive-In theatres. I have cash.
    Thanks,
    Ozoner Bill

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by ozoner View Post
    Hi,
    Looking to buy a good driver, no major problems in the 20k or so range. Looked a couple years ago with no luck, so bought a few other movie cars instead. I display movie cars at my Drive-In theatres. I have cash.
    Thanks,
    Ozoner Bill
    I think you will be look closer to 30K if you want a showable car that runs well. I just looked on eBay and every thing over is over 40k. I just bought a really nice and super clean delorean but I had to pay more for it and it was worth.

I’m not saying deal are not out there but I know I would not have been happy with a 20k car. I have already restored/ had one delorean restored I did not want to wait for my car again to be drivable and trustable to go anywhere.

Good luck and I hope you find one are happy with.
    Alex Brooks

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by ozoner View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks,
    Ozoner Bill
    LOL..yeah a LOT of people would like to have that elusive nice condition D for 20k or so. Unfortunately for you, other people are willing to pay a lot more for that caliber of car than you are. Hence the empty handed 2 year search

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Hey Bill,

As other have said, prices have soared since 2015 or so. Project cars are now occupying that 18 - $21k range and i don't see this changing any time soon. Your best bet is probably getting your hands dirty.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

I'm not an Idiot, I know what they are worth. I absolutely do not want a show car. I would be displaying it occasionally and would be afraid of that . I know as with most cars the values have ups and downs with certain times of the year. I thought I would check my area and see with winter and the holidays coming if there was a candidate for my quest. And NO I have not just been searching for this movie car with no luck for 2 years lol. I've bought a few others on my list. I just check in every now and then. I look back and there have been a few that would have met my criteria. I'm not desperate if something comes along it was meant to be.

Ozoner Bill

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

You know you could buy a project car for $18 to $20 and trailer it around to make some money. Make it earn a restoration.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Expand your search area. There is a turbo car in California for about $23K-ish that is an original owner car. There is a thread about it here somewhere. The price has been dropped since it was originally posted.