FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bosch EV12 injectors?

My VIN:    10270

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    Sent you some goodies.
    Woohoo, thanks!

Before too long this ole' bucket of bolts might just move under its own power.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Additional notes:

Earlier I said that only the 1/3/4/6 connectors would not fit due to the intake. Not sure why I said that as all 6 will not with with a stock Jetronic plug. I made up some "shortie" Jetronic plugs and all is well.

Here is a quick video of the actual spray pattern for the 0 280 155 897 injectors. No modifications to the stock K-Jetronic injector ports were made.

I didn't want to spray a ton of gasoline into the engine so it's only 4 sprays at 10ms. This is slightly lower than the lowest pulse needed to idle. It fans out nicely and pretty much bullseyes the intake valve. I'm hopeful that some efficiency gains can be had tuning injector timing in sequential mode.

Edit: Either Youtube or Premiere is making this clip look like two different types of spray but it really is the same video clip repeated 4 times.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Another install note:

You really need to ensure extended tip injectors are completely parallel to the injector ports and do not contact the sides of the head.

Last night I ran some final boost leak tests on my turbo & intake system. Basically running compressed air into the turbo inlet and listening for leaks. In doing so the pressure against the injectors must have tweaked something and caused the extended injector tips to touch the sides of the head.

I started the car and heard what sounded like either rod knock or like one of the valve adjusters had disappeared. That was quite a disheartening noise considering the car was running fine just a few days earlier. You could hear it from the back left side but a stethoscope on the valve cover and lower block revealed nothing out of the ordinary.

While pondering what the noise could be - and noting that the engine was running OK even though it had a loud knocking noise - I was fine-tuning some injector parameters. When I switched from 1 squirt/cycle to 2 squirts, the speed of the knock doubled. I had no idea that an injector could be so loud.

I powered the engine down, did a quick visual check, and restarted. The noise was gone. Heat plus vacuum must have caused everything to reseat properly. At least I know what it is and if it happens again and will be double-checking squareness during my post-shakedown inspection.

Moral of the story: Consider paying a pro to convert your car to EFI

for those who are using the EV12 injectors: have you had to change the lower o-ring to a bigger diameter one?
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

I've worked on 2 conversions now and IIRC no diameter changes, just put new O rings on. They're pretty snug, we added just a touch of grease to get them in place without binding against the injector ports.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

I had to lube it up quite alot before it would pop in. Very snug but it works.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

thanks guys. one vendor told me to install fatter orings to ensure the seal.
    I have brand new injectors and the original orings fit quite right, but they aren't hard to install or remove at all
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

There's definitely a "feel" for what's likely acceptable but it's hard to convey

As long as there is a bit of resistance, and if your rails are locked to the heads, everything should be fine. New O rings might make all the difference.

Should be easy to test the results with one of these:
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?14...r-for-about-20

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3