FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Delorean review and question

My VIN:    1710

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDMC12 View Post
    Does the bounce test apply to D's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    +1

Just ride over a set of train tracks. If you get seasick your shocks need replacing.
    DeLorean shocks seem to age differently than most. Instead of becoming soft & squishy with age they get super hard. If your car is riding extremely high compared to other DeLoreans, this is a good indication that your original shocks are done for.

This is how a stock DeLorean should sit:

See how high this DeLorean sits? It most likely is running it's original shocks and they're done for:

Sports cars are supposed to have stiff suspension it keeps them on the road.

This helps the driver feel the road, make it much more responsive, and keeps down body roll with cornering (flat as a pancake on corners is what you want, not shocks compressing on one side of the car and lifting on the other).

People who want a soft ride should not expect to get that from any car that claims to be a sports car. Same with the other way around, don't expect a boat to have a firm ride unless it was built for the race track.

There is a reason the 'Boats' (Buick, caddy, Lincoln etc) handle like boats. They are not as responsive because of the soft suspension.

To me putting soft suspension on a sports car is like trading bucket seats for a bench. I would never waste my money or time doing something to make the car less sporty, but to each their own.

My VIN:    10718

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    See how high this DeLorean sits? It most likely is running it's original shocks and they're done for:

Actually, I think that photo originally came from the ItalDesign archive... I remember seeing it on their site a while back. (Unfortunately, they redesigned their site recently and no longer allow you to search their photo archive, so I can't confirm.) If this did come from ItalDesign, then the car was probably new, and its suspension would not have been worn out.

On an unrelated note: When I went to ItalDesign's site, they had a neat concept drawing that I had never seen before:

http://www.italdesign.it/project/delorean-dmc12-eng

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3