FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Delorean sold

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Holy crap, that car in the gloss black looks AMAZING. I've been thinking about doing that for my LS swapped DMC.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    Holy crap, that car in the gloss black looks AMAZING. I've been thinking about doing that for my LS swapped DMC.
    thanks. its no longer black though. the paint on the fascias crackled due to the hotter temps in the south so i stripped it. definitely miss it at times. i can see myself having it wrapped black in the future though.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    thanks. its no longer black though. the paint on the fascias crackled due to the hotter temps in the south so i stripped it. definitely miss it at times. i can see myself having it wrapped black in the future though.
    If you are going to paint your DeLorean, wraps are Definately the way to go.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Wraps do not hold up well in the sun. Depending on the quality of the materiel you are lucky if you get 2 years out of it before it starts fading from sunlight. Paint lasts a lot longer.
    David Teitelbaum

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Wraps do not hold up well in the sun. Depending on the quality of the materiel you are lucky if you get 2 years out of it before it starts fading from sunlight. Paint lasts a lot longer.

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    ... yeah, the point is to have it be temporary

Quote Originally Posted by andy blackmon View Post
    In Feb. of '82 I got my Delorean and after 35 years I sold it. I have greatly enjoyed being a member of the Delorean family. I can never thank the members of this forum enough for all the help and advice you have given me over the years. I am 75 years old and I thought I owed it to my car to let a younger person enjoy it. I will remain a member of this forum for the time being. thanks again I enjoyed living the dream and I will miss my silver bullet but all things in life comes to and end. Andy Blackmon former owner of 03513 .
    What a great story. It must have been very tough to do, but I’m glad that you decided to sell it and let someone else enjoy being a DeLorean owner. I once heard someone say that we never really own these cars, we simply take care of them for the next generation of enthusiasts.

Well done, sir.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2