FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Automatic transmission leak

My VIN:    Jan '82 #11153

Automatic transmission leak

I had to replace the automatic transmission computer. So I took all the wiring out to do so. Now the wiring that goes into the transmission housing to the solenoids is leaking more than just a drop. I have tried everything - new O-ring and even some perm-a-gasket. It seems to be lose fitting into the housing. It did not leak before I messed with it. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Automatic transmission leak

Quote Originally Posted by Ricker View Post
    I had to replace the automatic transmission computer. So I took all the wiring out to do so. Now the wiring that goes into the transmission housing to the solenoids is leaking more than just a drop. I have tried everything - new O-ring and even some perm-a-gasket. It seems to be lose fitting into the housing. It did not leak before I messed with it. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Hi Ricker: I've owned two automatics, both needed new computers. Are you using a cork gasket for the pan in this process? Perhaps that's the culprit? On 5586, Johnny Sawyer and I replaced the computer. When I installed a new cork gasket, I unknowingly tightened the pan bolts down too tight. The transmission leaked and leaked. I never solved it since I ended up selling the car. I would use the silicon gasket from Josh at DPI. He replaced the computer and used the said silicon gasket on 4669 - so much better than the cork type. No leaking. I hope this helps. Message me if you need anything. Matt Carpenter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk