Pictures are available here

Vin: 10379
    Year: 1982
    Shift: 5 Speed Manual
    Interior: Gray
    Audio: Craig Cassette deck
    Hood: No gas flap
    Mileage: ~70,000
    Asking price: Not less than $20,000. If I receive multiple offers within a reasonable time, highest offer wins.

This car is not in perfect condition, but it does look pretty good, it's drive-able and in reasonable condition for a 35 year-old car. If you want to put it in excellent condition, it will probably cost (very rough estimate) $10,000+ depending on how excellent.

I drove the car to Los Angeles, California 2 years ago (1,100 miles both ways), drove it Spokane, Washington last year (280 miles both ways). I currently drive it to work every month or so (about 10 miles). Used as a daily driver in 2010. I don't get the use out of it to justify keeping it, it's a beautiful car and should be kept on the road frequently by someone who loves it.

This DeLorean I bought in reasonable condition and I've taken ok care of it. I've done some work on it myself, and had DeLorean Motor Company Northwest (DMC NW) do most of the rest. I've put more than half the miles on it in the 11 years I've owned it. Great for highway driving and weekend touring, not so great for heavy stop-and-go traffic on hills.

Here's what wrong with it:
    * It runs well except it's a bit sluggish when first starting up. Don't rush to beat the other car because you won't make it. It responds to the gas about half of what it's supposed to, then wham it responds all at once. It runs properly when it's warmed up. Toby at DMC NW has recommended I put it on a diet of Chevron (with Techron fuel cleaner) and then try Marvel Mystery Oil (M.M.O.). He suspects the car sat too long with fuel in it. I tried Chevron for a while, which didn't fix it, I'm trying the M.M.O. now but it's only been about half a tank.
    * Related to #1, back in about 2008 the car when through a period of bad idling where it would idle up and down, and sometimes die when stopped at an intersection. The issue went away after I had it at DMC NW, they never said they found the problem but it disappeared after that.
    * Looks like it's developed a minor oil leak in the last month. I'm investigating, but you'll be fixing it.
    * Had a bad brake leak 3 years ago after car was allowed to sit. DMC NW repaired and treated and advised that it be re-inspected after 2 years. This has been done.
    * In about 2008 the master brake cylinder leaked into the passenger compartment. I replaced this.
    * Coolant leak a few years ago which was fixed in 2014.
    * Gas level meter is on the fritz. It drops substantially after the first gallon or so, then after about another gallon it goes right back up to the top.
    * Power windows don't work, and window liners need to be replaced.
    * Cassette deck/clock lights blink out
    * Oxygen sensor probably needs to be replaced. Car was last clocked in the low 20's mpg range on my trip to Spokane (this car used to be in the low 30's when I bought it)
    * Odometer/Speedometer cable broken, was fixed, then broke again - actual mileage on car is an estimated 70,000.
    * Cooling fan temperature sensor needs to be bypassed (To turn cooling fans always on). It's a 35-cent wire I've already got that just needs to be installed. I've had the cooling fans cut out on me before, and an overheated DeLorean caught in rush-hour traffic without cooling fans is a very very hot car. I can do this for you, as I've already got the part.
    * Center console temperature switch is jammed in current position (cold)
    * Center console air direction flow switch stuck in defrost.
    * Rear Defrost stuck on when headlamps are on (This was the state when I bought the car).
    * Air conditioner belt is removed and air conditioner not run for several years. The compressor turns freely by hand, the pullies need to be loosened up. The lower pulley needs to be repaired/replaced.
    * Rubber hose leading to oil fill cap showing signs of decay
    * Headlamps missing a few screws, headlamp needs to be adjusted for height, and are a pain to reach, even with magnetic screwdriver.
    * Front facia (contains the headlights and grill) is slightly warped around the headlights.
    * Rear left running light needs replacement
    * Driver side door lights don't come on because switch needs to be tightened down (the nut fell down behind the floor carpet, so technically it's still in the car ).
    * Car has sun damage to the dashboard, cracking on the binnacle and a little discoloration. Also some rust and pulling away of leather from the driver's side windshield pylon.
    * Interior is reasonable condition for a 35 year old car, but there is wearing and a little cracking of the leather, some rust around the seat mounts and other wear and tear issues.
    * Exterior has a few dings and small scratches.

Here's what's right with it:
    * Gas struts are all strong and full of lift. I replaced the passenger strut back in 2006 shortly after I got the car.
    * Tires replaced about 2009
    * Battery replaced in 2009
    * Car looks really nice, although it's not in show-room condition and shows its age in places.
    * Car is very drive-able, and I take it to work every few Fridays.
    * Car comes with shop manual

Other notes:
    * Car is sold as-is. I will not pay to have anything on it fixed.
    * I will take pictures of any specific parts of the car you want to see closer, or make the car available for your inspection in Redmond/Bellevue, WA.
    * I will deliver the car to DeLorean Motor Company Northwest (Bellevue, Wa) for inspection at your request and expense - or mechanic of your choice within reasonable driving distance. Or to the Redmond Saturday exotic car show.
    * This is a good project car for medium-level do-it-your-selfers, or if you want to take it to the shop.

I'll bring my car to the Redmond car show (https://exoticsat.com/) on Saturday, July 22nd. No For Sale signs are allowed, so you'll have to find me by the VIN 10379. I also keep a stuffed fox in the change tray between the seats. I might be either in the show, on the fringes of it. Message me here if you want to meet me.

My VIN:    5823

Club(s):   (DCH)

Could you post some frame picture's ?
    Delorean's always look good from the outside, so does yours.
    Any suspension upgrades or is it original?
    Thank you

My VIN:    10379

I'd be glad to post frame pictures, but I don't really know how to do that. You just want pictures of the underside of the car?

I don't have a lift, would you like pictures from ground level? I do have some pictures from back after I first bought the car, up on a lift.

No suspension upgrades, not while I've owned it.

A good Delorean add needs frame pictures. If I lived around the corner I would come over and look at your car in person. They all rust in the same locations so if you can make some pictures like the ones i found online it would be good. Also would be good to see the older pictures from when you had it on the lift.image.jpgimage.jpg

I've updated the photo link http://www.vulpeslibertas.com/DMC/ with underside pictures (At bottom). I took some this evening without a light source, so they're a bit dark. I digitally boosted the contrast/brightness on those, but otherwise they are un-edited. Most of my morning pictures were washed out by the light. I can take them again if they're too muddy for you.

Lift pictures are not what I remember. Only one decent shot, and it's of the the car from above while the lift is down.

Just drove the car to see a potential buyer this weekend. 100 miles both ways.

Thanks for posting those. The frame looks good. No repairs or big rust issue.
    I will ask my shipping company for a quote, bought 3 cars before in the USA, but they all left from New York.

Sure thing, more than happy. Digital photos are free. Only thing I'm lacking these days is time.

Bump. Still available.

Driven weekly, and took it on a 200 mile road trip to see one test driver.

Bump.

Posted more pictures (Interior, fascia, doors) at
    http://www.vulpeslibertas.com/DMC/cosmetic.html
    http://www.vulpeslibertas.com/DMC/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast