FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 107000 Fuel Pump/Sender Module Service Bulletin

DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

Exclamation 107000 Fuel Pump/Sender Module Service Bulletin

DeLorean Motor Company has identified an issue that affects some of the 107000 Fuel Pump/Sender Module that could allow the fuel pump to continue running if the inertia switch is “tripped”. Today we are sending a letter to all purchasers of record of the 107000 Fuel Pump/Sender Module with instructions on how to quickly and easily test the unit and make a minor modification to correct this issue if required.

DMC Texas, DMC California, DMC Midwest, DMC Florida (Orlando) and DMC Northwest have all supplied us with lists of purchasers to whom we have sent these letters. Gulf Coast Motorworks (formerly DMC Florida in Bonita Springs, Florida) and DeLorean Europe (formerly DMC Europe in The Netherlands) have been unwilling or unable to supply us with the names of the customers who have purchased directly from either of those two locations, though we have supplied them with the same information and asked that they forward it on to their customers.

Some of the cars that these were installed into have undoubtedly been sold or otherwise changed hands. Follow this link to download the contents of the letter mentioned above. https://www.delorean.com/pdf/DELOREA...r-Bulletin.pdf

Contact DMC (Texas) at 800/872-3621 or 1-281-441-2537 with any questions.
    James Espey, President
    DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
    http://www.lcassicdmc.com

My VIN:    05457

For what its worth, I'm still loving my pump/sender combo. I'm over 2 years in with it and have had no issues! Previously I had fuel pump issues at least once a year.
    David Proehl

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Mine has been in for over a year and i still love it. No issues and light years away from the original design. Im sure DMC-H will have it all figured out. No big deal! 😁

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Btw thanls for catching this and letting us know James. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

This is really interesting. During some unrelated testing a few weeks back I discovered that my inertia switch didn't stop the fuel pump. I was wondering why but just assumed the switch was internally failed or something and didn't get back around to investigating further. Now I guess I know.

James - is it possible to remove the pin from the connector rather than cutting the wire? That seems awfully...irreversible to me.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post

James - is it possible to remove the pin from the connector rather than cutting the wire? That seems awfully...irreversible to me.
    You could just extract the pin and tape it off, but I can't imagine why you'd ever want to reverse this. Cut the wire on the pump side as shown and you haven't damaged anything that was "original" to the car, i.e. the original car side of the harness.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Did the mod today. Easy as everyone said, but the implementation isn't exactly perfect. When tripping the inertia switch there is now no ground to the fuel gage, so it pegs vertically. Theoretically you should never see this happen, and if it does you probably have bigger problems. Seems that the original wiring schematic had grounds independently for the fuel sender and pump (makes sense as there was no single unit controlling them before) and the upgraded logic unit must have mistakenly used a shared ground internally for them both. So now when you interrupt the only remaining ground via the inertia switch, the sender circuit goes offline too.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    10350 & 2083 SEARCHING FOR VIN#16664

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

This may be a stupid question but assuming you keep everything they way it is (i.e. factory plug) and do not change the connector is the only implication that the inertia switch will not work and the fuel pump will still have power? I thought most modern cars today do not have inertia switches, is that true? If so, what is the big deal with not having one (i.e. not changing the plug or jumping it). Don't want to sound like someone who isn't interested in safety but just curious as to both sides of story. Also, when does the inertia switch engage? Front, side, rear impacts? Rollovers only? Again, just trying to be more educated about them.
    ---------------------------------
    SEARCHING FOR VIN #16664
    ---------------------------------

My VIN:    2065

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Did the mod today. Easy as everyone said, but the implementation isn't exactly perfect. When tripping the inertia switch there is now no ground to the fuel gage, so it pegs vertically. Theoretically you should never see this happen, and if it does you probably have bigger problems. Seems that the original wiring schematic had grounds independently for the fuel sender and pump (makes sense as there was no single unit controlling them before) and the upgraded logic unit must have mistakenly used a shared ground internally for them both. So now when you interrupt the only remaining ground via the inertia switch, the sender circuit goes offline too.
    My car needed the fix so did mine yesterday. 2065 is back roaming the streets of country NSW

Quote Originally Posted by OZ DMC View Post
    My car needed the fix so did mine yesterday. 2065 is back roaming the streets of country NSW
    My car needed the fix too so I did mine yesterday as well. 3341 is back roaming the streets of Texas.

A side note: The new combo-unit works great, but since installing it, I've always had the problem of the fuel pump access panel not fitting back on correctly. Anyone else have that problem? I've tried a few adjustments, but still it doesn't fit right, so I've just been living with it.

Thomas

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast