FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ready Player One - DeLorean Time Machine in the Movie

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    a modified BTTF DeLorean is what the hero drives in this movie.
    That is an interesting concept. If this movie gets big enough perhaps there could be a split between BTTF cars and RPO BTTF cars if the modifications are significant enough. I'm looking forward to the drama of BTTF purists telling RPO fans they are destroying perfectly good BTTF cars by drilling into hard to find original time machine parts.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Lol..yeah that will be fun to listen to...just another permutation of the purists chiding the bttf conversions for ruining perfectly good cars
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

People are saying that car has KITT in it and KITT steering wheel in the movie.
    Which would make sense since the author has a KITT steering wheel in his Delorean in real life.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

I suppose eventually there will be a film where the 1980s and sci-fi references are so thick that the main character will drive a DeLorean with warp drive through Springfield while his teacher calls his name endlessly as he skips class to take lightsaber lessons from a guy named Indiana wearing a Pac-Man t-shirt and saying "Uh oh, twelve minutes to Wapner," because he needs to confront an animal named ALF who stole his copy of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and pick up his significant other named Matty from detention and take her to go and catch some ghosts...
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

You just had that prepared for such an occaision, huh? lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    You just had that prepared for such an occaision, huh? lol
    No, I made it up on the spur of the moment. I'm that good.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Formally hmm252000

My VIN:    4099

Well, because of this thread, I decided to go out and get this book as I've been on vacation this last week. I read through it in just 6 days which is really fast for me. While a bit predictable and overhanded with the 80's pop culture, I still really enjoyed the book and now look forward to the movie! However, I don't expect the movie to be a lot like the book. I would imagine it would be almost impossible to get the rights to all the games/characters/movies mentioned in the book. There's also the fact that some parts wouldn't translate well to a movie. Would anybody want to watch somebody play a game of Joust or max out the score on Pac Man? LOL Watching the preview again since reading the book, I noticed the start of the death race scene mentioned the copper key in the background. So they probably put that in instead of one of the quests.

Considering the trailer showed more of the DeLorean then what was in the whole book, I'm really looking forward to seeing how they incorporate it. Very excited and March 2018 can't come soon enough!

My VIN:    6472

Ready Player One

New trailer just released today, featuring even more shots of the DMC. Anybody know whose car they used for filming?

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by Gregadeth View Post
    Anybody know whose car they used for filming?
    I think your smiley face is saying you already know the answer, but for anyone concerned, worry not - the car is CGI. No DeLoreans were harmed in the making of this movie.

Now I'm not sure if that can be said for the other upcoming movie with a DeLorean, Blue World Order (think Mad Max in a DeLorean), but who knows. At a minimum they drive it hard on rough terrain. Whatever they do, at least they aren't hitting it head on with a train.
    David Proehl

If you're gonna travel around in a post apocalyptic world, why not do it with some style......
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast