FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AVO Shocks from PJ Grady

My VIN:    02530

I just want to add that Rob went out of his way to call me and talk about my spring issue. He even sent me pictures of how they should be placed. As it turns out mine are still not oriented properly and once I get them turned the right way I think my clunk issue will be taken care of. Thanks for the good customer service Rob! Also, I have heard really good things about the AVO shocks and they are on my wish list at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My VIN:    16506

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Hey Rob,
    How do these new AVO's compare to the original after market shocks/struts that you sold in the 90's? Just as good, better, longer lasting (the main key since I drive the snot out of my car)?
    I have had mine rebuilt by the manufacturer you gave me in CA once all ready and maybe due for a change in the next year. Looking into options available and would rather not deal with them again.
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by ssdelorean View Post
    Hey Rob,
    How do these new AVO's compare to the original after market shocks/struts that you sold in the 90's? Just as good, better, longer lasting (the main key since I drive the snot out of my car)?
    I have had mine rebuilt by the manufacturer you gave me in CA once all ready and maybe due for a change in the next year. Looking into options available and would rather not deal with them again.
    Yes they were a bit difficult to deal with from a PR standpoint. Over all I like the AVO's better especially the adjustable damping as opposed to playing with pressure changes. I've only been selling them a few years so can't comment on durability just yet but so far few issues.
    We just got in a few sets of the new DMC Europe shocks to try out and have fitted a set to a used car we are prepping for sale. We will test them out and stock them if they work well enough. These will be a lower cost alternative but are not adjustable and are similiar to the original Girling shocks
    Rob

My VIN:    16506

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    We just got in a few sets of the new DMC Europe shocks to try out and have fitted a set to a used car we are prepping for sale. We will test them out and stock them if they work well enough. These will be a lower cost alternative but are not adjustable and are similiar to the original Girling shocks
    Rob
    Let me know if you need an extra guinea pig for testing. I know someone who drives their car alot!
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2