FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AVO Shocks from PJ Grady

Club(s):   (DCF)

AVO Shocks from PJ Grady

I am wondering if anyone has installed PJ Grady's suspension kit

https://www.pjgrady.com/product/avo-...uspension-kit/.

You don't need rear springs which I find quite interesting. Just wondering if anyone who has installed them or has them like them and what their impressions are.

Thanks,

Joe

My VIN:    Midproduction

I got them installed by DMC-MW two years ago and they are fantastic! Total world of difference from 30+ year old stock set up.

My VIN:    10644

I installed the AVO on all four corners last year. The ride difference is incredible. There was a section of our highway's on-ramp that was rough and I'd never noticed. After I installed the shocks, my girlfriend told me that she always thought we were going to die when getting on the highway. There's a burger place where my front tires would always rub when entering their parking lot. The stiffening that came with the AVO shocks prevents this from happening now.

Get them.

My VIN:    02530

I installed the front springs but not the AVO shocks. If you go with that spring set up you will not need to lower the rear as the stance is pretty damn good with the stock springs in the back. I will say however I have been disappointed with the springs because they clunk on both sides. I was told by Grady that they distort if not installed at the right orientation.. I reoriented them and they still clunk. They will actually rub on the chassis as they flex. After talking to Mike at DMCMW I learned that the Eibach are a smaller diameter to avoid that issue. Something to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin 02530 View Post
    I installed the front springs but not the AVO shocks. If you go with that spring set up you will not need to lower the rear as the stance is pretty damn good with the stock springs in the back. I will say however I have been disappointed with the springs because they clunk on both sides. I was told by Grady that they distort if not installed at the right orientation.. I reoriented them and they still clunk. They will actually rub on the chassis as they flex. After talking to Mike at DMCMW I learned that the Eibach are a smaller diameter to avoid that issue. Something to consider.

The stock springs do not clunk if orientated correctly to the lower link arms and ours will not either. Something else must be wrong Kevin. If you send me pics of how they seat on the lower arms we can try to figure out what might be wrong.
    Rob

My VIN:    02530

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    The stock springs do not clunk if orientated correctly to the lower link arms and ours will not either. Something else must be wrong Kevin. If you send me pics of how they seat on the lower arms we can try to figure out what might be wrong.
    Rob
    Rob,

I emailed you the pics a while back and then sent a follow up email again asking if you could give me some feedback but never got a response from you guys. With that being said I really do like the stance they provide and if we can get the issue figured it I will be a happy customer. Should I try you at a different email address? Thanks!

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin 02530 View Post
    Rob,

I emailed you the pics a while back and then sent a follow up email again asking if you could give me some feedback but never got a response from you guys. With that being said I really do like the stance they provide and if we can get the issue figured it I will be a happy customer. Should I try you at a different email address? Thanks!

PM sent. I'm sure we can figure it out with the pics.
    Rob

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

I have Rob's springs in the front and have no issues. In the past, however, I got loud clunking due to a bad lower control arm bushing. The rubber was totally gone allowing the LCA to move wherever it wanted to.
    -----Dan B.

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    I have Rob's springs in the front and have no issues. In the past, however, I got loud clunking due to a bad lower control arm bushing. The rubber was totally gone allowing the LCA to move wherever it wanted to.
    It looks like both you and Kevin are using Rob's front springs without the set-up for the rear. Are you using the springs only or did you also install Rob's AVO front shocks. If so, it looks like the front shocks have adjustable dampening (confirm?). Did you find that useful? Have there been any issues (tire wear or ??) lowering the front but keeping the rear stock?

Has anyone done the front then later done the rear? Did lowering the rear after doing the front produce noticeable difference?

Just curious,
    Ron

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

I have Robs springs with stock shocks. Wish I could get the AVO shocks, maybe one day.

-----Dan B.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast