FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Touch up cleaning for car shows

Touch up cleaning for car shows

I have the bad fortune to live on a gravel county road. This time of year it seems by the time I hit the highway the stainless on the D has attracted dust like a magnet. When I get to the car show I would like to make the car presentable. Normally, I rinse the car completely after a run then wipe it down. I've always done the rinse because I believe it's good to get as much of the grit off the surface before toweling. This is not always possible at the car show. Does anyone have some tips for cleaning the car at the show without the advantage of a hose? Is there any treatment that can reduce the dirt attraction of the stainless panels?

As always, I appreciate and value this community's support and expertise.
    Ron

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-Ron View Post
    I have the bad fortune to live on a gravel county road. This time of year it seems by the time I hit the highway the stainless on the D has attracted dust like a magnet. When I get to the car show I would like to make the car presentable. Normally, I rinse the car completely after a run then wipe it down. I've always done the rinse because I believe it's good to get as much of the grit off the surface before toweling. This is not always possible at the car show. Does anyone have some tips for cleaning the car at the show without the advantage of a hose? Is there any treatment that can reduce the dirt attraction of the stainless panels?

As always, I appreciate and value this community's support and expertise.
    Ron
    Windex and a micro-fiber towel. Keep the S/S clean and dry, no wax or anything oily so dirt doesn't stick.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    1710

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Windex and a micro-fiber towel. Keep the S/S clean and dry, no wax or anything oily so dirt doesn't stick.
    I prefer foaming Windex in a can. It worked better than any product I ever tried, it's cheap, and very portable.
    Louie Golden

My VIN:    10625

I mainly use a quick detailer either Chemical Guys ECOsmart or Swissvax Lotus Speed. They both clean the stainless and makes it look sharp and leaves a little layer of protection. The ecosmart is also anti static so dust and dirt dosent stick so easily to the stainless.

Perfect for a quick waterless detail of the car is not too dirty. Also important to use these products with a couple of good quality microfibre cloths.

Heres a little vid by CG, kind of shallow and dumb, but you get the point and see how the product works.

The Swissvax works just as good as CG, if not better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeOkJMFjBG8
    1982 DMC-12, 2100 original miles, Stage ll, Euro-spec eibach suspension, 140 mph speedo.