FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: New to the Forum and Researching to Buy

My VIN:    4665

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Valley PD View Post
    Thank you. Looking into attending the DeLorean Convention and Car Show this year up in St. Charles (an hour from me) but trying to decide if I will go the whole time or just to the car show day.
    My recommendation: go for a couple days, not just the car show day. You can't even imagine what you will learn.

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    My recommendation: go for a couple days, not just the car show day. You can't even imagine what you will learn.
    I'm not very handy outside of oil changes and very basic things, but I need to learn. Looks like I'd take Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off work. My wife will come with me as well. I'm thinking of staying at the resort since it will be easier than driving an hour each way. I have to decide soon though. Currently, I'm having DMC MW repaint my rear louvers, engine cover, side louvers, rear plate bezel etc. to the correct finish (currently glossy), passenger door adjustment/seals, hood alignment, adding new stickers to engine bay/cover, stainless lettering to rear bumper, removing the cat converter shield/plate, and building up center console, so my window switches don't pop out anymore. The majority of bill is in repainting the louvers etc., but I want it appearance-wise to be correct. I also need to source the correct sun visors (mine have no exposed vinyl) at some point as well and maybe an original radio. I will tackle all fluids and A/C recharge (already converted) at my friend's shop. DeLorean specific things will be handled by DMC MW going forward. I will probably also do stainless steel fuel lines this season at my buddy's shop. Eventually, I'll do LEDs in and out and continue to follow the recommended several intervals. Long term, I'd like to add the Stage I exhaust with ceramic coating and maybe some engine bay dress up at the same time. I will probably also bend your ears for detailing tips from top to bottom (stainless steel, undercarriage, frame, engine bay, etc.). My Mustang also could use a few interior pieces redone like the chrome around the gauges. They've finally reproduced the 1970 Mach 1 gauge cluster, so that's next along with some exhaust work. I'm trying to stagger things obviously between both cars. They never really are "done", are they? All I know is that I'm very lucky to be able to have both cars at my age and am really excited for pick-up day at DMC MW.
    Last edited by Hill Valley PD; 06-21-2018 at 09:13 AM.

My VIN:    Between VINs

I went to DCS 2016 before I owned my car. They're right, the stuff you'll learn is staggering. Everything from getting to see the products in person that the vendors are selling to talking to people that worked at the factory. Really looking forward to going again this year now that I have a car and my needs are more focused.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I went to DCS 2016 before I owned my car. They're right, the stuff you'll learn is staggering. Everything from getting to see the products in person that the vendors are selling to talking to people that worked at the factory. Really looking forward to going again this year now that I have a car and my needs are more focused.
    We are registered and staying on the property.

WIFE: "Where do we park the DeLorean there?"
    ME: "Outside."
    WIFE: "What if it rains?"
    ME: "It'll get wet."

Looking forward to meeting those attending!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5