FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1981 Delorean. Mostly original 6,600 miles.

1981 Delorean. Mostly original 6,600 miles.

I'm selling my Delorean so someone else can enjoy it as much as I have. Five speed manual with gray interior. No radio. Everything works but the HVAC system but I am working on that now. Might be just a fuse or relay since it was working. Purchased it in 2013 and has been garaged since. Weekend and car shows only. Made minor repairs since car was all original when I purchased. Still have most original parts if wanted. Also have many new parts from Delorean that I have not installed due to not needed. Car is in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania ask. VIN is 5513. Asking 35,995. Or make an offer. New to all this. Not looking to get rich just picked a number that seemed in between.

IMG_1727.jpgIMG_1744.jpgIMG_1735.jpgIMG_1776.jpgIMG_1767.jpgIMG_1739.jpgIMG_1731.jpgIMG_1729.jpgIMG_1723.jpgIMG_1760.jpg.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Wow

I think you are light on the price. That same car at one of the vendors(granted the radio and hvac controls would be fixed) would be in the mid to high 40's.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Wow

I think you are light on the price. That same car at one of the vendors(granted the radio and hvac controls would be fixed) would be in the mid to high 40's.
    Ok great. good to know, thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by dcampb011 View Post
    Ok great. good to know, thanks for the input.
    Am I doing something wrong here or do I have it listed in the wrong place? Price to high?

Am I doing something wrong here or do I have it listed in the wrong place? Price to high?
    It takes a long time to sell a nice automobile, even something much less exotic. I spent 3 months trying to sell a 3-year-old Ford F150 that had 18,000 miles on it, but the first buyer who came to look bought it.

You've only had it listed for 6 days, so give it some time. Maybe post some videos of driving/walkaround?

My VIN:    1710

You might want to put your advertisement in the "Cars" sub forum here so it'll get noticed:

http://dmctalk.org/forumdisplay.php?10-DeLorean-Cars

I'd also strongly consider casting a wider net and advertising it nationally through Hemmings or Auto Trader Classics, or through an online auction such as eBay or Bring a Trailer. Exceptionally nice vehicles (of any make/model) often incite bidding wars on bringatrailer.com, and the bidders on that site are seemingly the most educated fans of the marques they are bidding on. Just some food for thought.

BTW your car looks to be exceptional, and I think the asking price is very fair for the current market. I won't be in the market until next year, or I'd make you an offer myself. Best of luck on your sale!
    Last edited by louielouie2000; 08-09-2017 at 12:31 PM.
    Louie Golden

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    You might want to put your advertisement in the "Cars" sub forum here so it'll get noticed:

http://dmctalk.org/forumdisplay.php?10-DeLorean-Cars

I'd also strongly consider casting a wider net and advertising it nationally through Hemmings or Auto Trader Classics, or through an online auction such as eBay or Bring a Trailer. Exceptionally nice vehicles (of any make/model) often incite bidding wars on bringatrailer.com, and the bidders on that site are seemingly the most educated fans of the marques they are bidding on. Just some food for thought.

BTW your car looks to be exceptional, and I think the asking price is very fair for the current market. I won't be in the market until next year, or I'd make you an offer myself. Best of luck on your sale!
    Ok great information. Thanks for reaching out. I appreciate it.

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I sent you a pm and never heard back....
    Soundkillr was here.

Email sent

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Wrong place...
    It was in: MAIN FORUMS /For Sale & Services / Want To Buy
    It goes in:MAIN FORUMS /For Sale & Services / Want To Buy / DeLorean Cars

Fixed that for ya...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast