FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Visioneering Car

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

The Visioneering Car

James at the DeLorean Museum recently posted a slew of photos of the Visioneering car, and while looking at the photos it occurred to me that the front wheels point in toward the bottom and the rear wheels point out toward the bottom. It's quite noticeable. Can anyone explain this and how it would affect the car's handling and tire wear? I am quite curious.

Thanks,
    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

Thanks, Sean ... but I meant the DMC-12 in particular.

I see from the photos of the car that the stance is lower than the factory-built cars. I was wondering if perhaps those who drove the Visioneering car felt something lacking with that setup, and thus changes were made.

Farrar

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    ... how it would affect the car's handling and tire wear? ...
    but I meant the DMC-12 in particular.
    Im pretty sure it would have effected tire wear on a DMC-12 like it would any other car.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Im pretty sure it would have effected tire wear on a DMC-12 like it would any other car.
    But was it a concern from an engineering standpoint? Did anyone at DMC say "Well, we don't want folks to go through tires quite this quick," or was there another reason?

I just thought the Visioneering car needed its own thread, and thought this would be a good way to start the conversation. Guess not. *shrug*

Farrar

and thought this would be a good way to start the conversation. Guess not. *shrug*
    So what have we been having? You asked about camber and tire wear, I provided some input. Im sure others will jump in too, its only been 50 minutes since you posted. I apologize if you didn't want my input. I genuinely didn't think you knew how excessive camber effected tire wear.

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Here's a picture of the Visioneering Delorean from the Facebook page. It's a very interesting read. The rims aren't the production rims, but make do's with hubcaps to look like the production wheels.

Oh, I'm not offended; I'm just wishing I could have started a broader conversation -- but I genuinely had no other topic off the top of my head except how weird the wheels looked.

But I finally thought of another Visioneering-car-related topic --

Has anyone replicated the storage area in the center console? Any pics of this area?

Actually, more pics of the interior of the Visioneering car would be appreciated, anyway... the carpet and the seats are different and I like little nuanced stuff like that.

Farrar

Actually, more pics of the interior of the Visioneering car would be appreciated, anyway... the carpet and the seats are different and I like little nuanced stuff like that.

Farrar
    These pics are of the interior of Pilot 20, very similar to the Visioneering interior, noteable differences are Visioneering car has the handbrake on the right of the driver seat and uses a renault steering wheel with embosed DMC Logo. Pilot 20 has a similar (nearly identical) center counsole, dash, seats, and rear storage area to the Visioneering car.

Wow, thanks for those pics of Pilot 20's interior! I really like the center console and glove box lid. Also interesting how the cubby hole door is hinged -- makes me wonder if it also had a pull strap to open, or if it locked as in production vehicles. Those are fantastic to see. Thanks again!

Farrar
    Last edited by Farrar; 09-08-2011 at 11:57 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast