FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Power Windows

Power Windows

Looking for some help , Both electric windows don't work , Checked fuses replaced the switches , no noise when I press the switches , relay or motor noise , just silence and no movement

My VIN:    3937

Take the upper trim piece off the inside of each door and have a look if you haven't already. Might be something pretty obvious once you look to tell you which direction to take your troubleshooting.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    1058

Hook each motor direct to a battery. Make a jumper and start with the passenger side. It's close to the battery. Doesn't matter the polarity. Polarity changes the direction of movement

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

My VIN:    1058

Most likely stuck. The mechanism will rust inside the tube. Factory ones are really noisy anyways. Like really noisy

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Use a 12V test lamp or a voltmeter to see if you really have 12V(+) into both new switches. With a new fuse and with ignition in ACC or ON position you should have 12V at the switch.

Just as importantly, check that this circuit is properly grounded. Test that at the switches, too (BLK wire). They are both grounded to the same point.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Solved

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Use a 12V test lamp or a voltmeter to see if you really have 12V(+) into both new switches. With a new fuse and with ignition in ACC or ON position you should have 12V at the switch.

Just as importantly, check that this circuit is properly grounded. Test that at the switches, too (BLK wire). They are both grounded to the same point.
    It is the actual switch connectors in the console, hard cracked and touching , will source new ones , thank you

Follow on question

Quote Originally Posted by Cummil2 View Post
    It is the actual switch connectors in the console, hard cracked and touching , will source new ones , thank you
    Trying to remove the window actuator , did I separate the motor from the housing to remove , have tried everything but unable to take it out ?

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

You have to make sure to unscrew the actuator from the drop glass also.

Other than that, it is fiddly to get them out...just be patient....getting new ones back in is fiddly too...but if you go slowly, you can get it.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon