FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How To: Hook up 1990's Nissan Altima Mirror Switch

My VIN:    5470

Well, I would not give up just yet. There are enough common colors that I think if you joined up the ones that are the same (which I have a feeling would be right), you're most of the way there. You can't hurt the motors by hooking anything up wrong and testing it out. Sending two negs to the motor does nothing, sending 2 pos to the motor does nothing. So a little trial and error should get you there. It took me a day of messing with the Honda one and recording the wiring combos I tried and the resulting actions of each button. After a while it's easy to figure out which wire does what. I googled around for a bit and could not find a diagram that had an orange wire.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by rickjames8 View Post
    Well, I would not give up just yet. There are enough common colors that I think if you joined up the ones that are the same (which I have a feeling would be right), you're most of the way there. You can't hurt the motors by hooking anything up wrong and testing it out. Sending two negs to the motor does nothing, sending 2 pos to the motor does nothing. So a little trial and error should get you there. It took me a day of messing with the Honda one and recording the wiring combos I tried and the resulting actions of each button. After a while it's easy to figure out which wire does what. I googled around for a bit and could not find a diagram that had an orange wire.
    Hi Rick. I thought the same thing; that the common colors would carry over between your switch and my switch. No dice. I just bought another switch that appears to have the same pinout as yours, so I will give that a try when it comes in! This switch does look right at home in the DeLorean though.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2