FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Doc Brown's Van

My VIN:    16375

Doc Brown's Van

Did Doc Browns van actually exist, or was it just a prop made for the movie? I was following one of those Grumman Olsen type trucks the other day, and I didn't think it would be wide enough. In the movie, the car doors were already closed when Doc brought it out by RC. I know the back door area was changed to allow for the ramp door. I don't drive my car very much, less than 250 miles per summer. I trailer it to a couple out of town shows each year. Showing up to a show enclosed in the look alike van would be cool. My car is stock, not a BTTF replica. Any thoughts?
    Everytime I open the garage door, my car costs me a roll of toonies.

My VIN:    First 700

It fits...but

In the movie Doc doesn't bring the car out with the radio. He is actually in it. The funny part is that the D will not actually be able to open the door if inside. So Doc had to drive in and pull the ramp gate up just to make the dramatic foggy exit for Marty. I guess you could cut out an escape door in the side of the van. You could use it to serve tacos when you are not trailering the car.

I think there are some guys in Nevada that have a Doc van and a D. I think they may be the people that are doing the car show out there that is coming up soon.

Here is a YouTube clip of the first time the Delorean comes out of the van:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLRk4xG-JCI

Thanks for the reply. I stand corrected on how the car emerges from the van. What is the car show that this particular Delorean may be at? This display would be cheaper than sending my car out for a BTTF conversion.

My VIN:    First 700

The Delorean Weekend

It must be the Delorean Weekend guys. October 5th to 9th in Las Vegas. There is another Delorean show (Delorean Expo) September 7th to 10th too.

http://www.deloreanweekend.com/

Here is a picture of the van:
    http://www.deloreanweekend.com/PastE...image_3048.jpg

I know there is someplace where they actually talk about the van. It is not exactly the same as in the movie.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Flicky View Post
    In the movie Doc doesn't bring the car out with the radio. He is actually in it. The funny part is that the D will not actually be able to open the door if inside. So Doc had to drive in and pull the ramp gate up just to make the dramatic foggy exit for Marty. I guess you could cut out an escape door in the side of the van. You could use it to serve tacos when you are not trailering the car.

I think there are some guys in Nevada that have a Doc van and a D. I think they may be the people that are doing the car show out there that is coming up soon.

Here is a YouTube clip of the first time the Delorean comes out of the van:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLRk4xG-JCI
    I've wondered about that myself at times. Not questioning whether the doors could open while inside the truck, but the backing out part.

Did anyone else happen to notice that the brake lights don't come on in the movie?

You can see the running lights on in the rear (the centre bulb of each taillight), but not the brake lights. You would think that if someone was backing it out of the truck (real life or movie) you would be riding the brake a little bit trying to ease it down slowly. But you never see the brake lights come on. You don't see them come on in the mall chase scene either, even when he takes that corner about halfway through evading the Libyans.

Was there something wrong with the brake lights in the movie car, or did I miss something?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

The reverse lights were not on either.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Someone should ask Kevin Pike...

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by marcel View Post
    The reverse lights were not on either.
    My reverse lights don't work either- I guess that makes my car movie accurate?

And on Doc's checklist on his clipboard:

1. Get in car and pull it into truck.
    2. Raise ramp via some means of remote control.
    3. Wait for Marty to show up.
    4. Roll down windows on car.
    5. Turn on fog machine, making sure interior fills with fog for dramatic effect.
    6. Lower ramp and back car out.
    7. Get out of car and act disoriented - or may not have to as fog might cause this.

My VIN:    10322

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Who's being extra? The guy who builds a toy model set of entire towns to demonstrate his plans? The guy who built a time machine out of a DeLorean just to do it with style?
    http://www.artgemsjewelers.com/
    Fine Geek Jewelry.

If the above post was DeLorean related it should be noted that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Tumblr: Going88 || Instagram: Going.88

My VIN:    3610

I always figured Doc was doing a final systems check out of public view, and that the truck had a natural tilt to allow the car to roll back.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast