FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Background DeLorean in the movie Scarface (1983)

My VIN:    1710

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Also if it was a real Porsche dealership they shot at, there most likely wouldn't be a Delorean there, unless its a customer's car.
    The dealership scene was shot at Beverly Hills Mercedes-Benz, which was indeed a DeLorean dealership in the early 1980s- I've even seen "Beverly Hills DeLorean" license plates & license plate frames on eBay.
    Louie Golden

To be honeest i don't see it. doesn't look like a delorean to me.

Nothing witty here lest it offend

I don't see it. Could be a leprechaun. Could be a crackhead.

My VIN:    10644

I'm even more convinced after making this: https://giphy.com/gifs/scarface-delo...K4pBHzQZURwyNa

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Get your DeLorean soon. Values will skyrocket once the Montana connection is public.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I still dont see it..your overlay isnt taking into account distance or angle of the vehicle..for it match up like that, it would have to be inside the building. I still think its the playing of reflections and light off the window of the car. Also have to figure on whats going on above, buidling facades, signs, etc.

I'm not saying its not...but I'm just not seeing it...plus given the contrast of shadow along the upper part of the window, the trim around the drop glass would be more obvious.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

It's hard to tell from the video, but it does look like a toll window judging by the reflection of the cars passing behind.

My VIN:    10644

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    I still dont see it..your overlay isnt taking into account distance or angle of the vehicle..for it match up like that, it would have to be inside the building.
    Yep, it was a 10 minute quick Photoshop job. I suppose I could park my own car at just the right angle to try to convince you, but I think I'll pass.

I almost hate to admit how much time I spent looking at the building on Street View and comparing it to the movie. I first assumed that the car was parked outside on the street, but once I looked at the location on Street View I realized that because it's a two way street, the car would be facing the other way if it were parked outside. The sidewalk (at least now) is fairly wide, so I considered that it might have been a special display on the sidewalk. However, after looking at the building on Street View more closely, it appears that there are two showrooms between the street and where the scene in the movie was filmed. Notice the wide square pillars in both the movie and on Street View. Those pillars aren't part of the exterior wall. So, because of the direction that the car is facing and those pillars, I think the car (whatever car it is - probably a DeLorean) was inside.

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    Yep, it was a 10 minute quick Photoshop job. I suppose I could park my own car at just the right angle to try to convince you, but I think I'll pass.

I almost hate to admit how much time I spent looking at the building on Street View and comparing it to the movie. I first assumed that the car was parked outside on the street, but once I looked at the location on Street View I realized that because it's a two way street, the car would be facing the other way if it were parked outside. The sidewalk (at least now) is fairly wide, so I considered that it might have been a special display on the sidewalk. However, after looking at the building on Street View more closely, it appears that there are two showrooms between the street and where the scene in the movie was filmed. Notice the wide square pillars in both the movie and on Street View. Those pillars aren't part of the exterior wall. So, because of the direction that the car is facing and those pillars, I think the car (whatever car it is - probably a DeLorean) was inside.
    Mark down 8/10/17 as the day we officially ran out of things to talk about.

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    I don't see it. Could be a leprechaun. Could be a crackhead.
    8ea586474300a093ccdbf07df6e2b9ec544b3680e778e52cf6a08eea82f4e215.jpg
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast