FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LTB - T-Panel

My VIN:    5625

LTB - T-Panel

Hey guys -

I'm in the market for a T-Panel to replace mine. I am looking for one with zero bends or damage. If you have one shoot me a message.

Im also in the market for a rear upper finisher and a windshield.

Thanks
    Last edited by Trstno1; 08-10-2017 at 09:52 AM.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Just a heads up - because I've gone through this process as well, if you're looking for a windshield it is best to just buy it from DMCH. It is expensive, and shipping is expensive (I'm lucky to be have been able to pick mine up saving the shipping cost) but in the end you'll have new glass. Any used ones I've seen are yellowed and scratched - new ones are scratch free and really clear, it was a really big difference from my old one clarity wise.
    -----Dan B.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I think I have a T Panel in the garage. It's been a few years but I will check when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    Just a heads up - because I've gone through this process as well, if you're looking for a windshield it is best to just buy it from DMCH. It is expensive, and shipping is expensive (I'm lucky to be have been able to pick mine up saving the shipping cost) but in the end you'll have new glass. Any used ones I've seen are yellowed and scratched - new ones are scratch free and really clear, it was a really big difference from my old one clarity wise.
    Thanks for the heads up. DMCH it is.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I think I have a T Panel in the garage. It's been a few years but I will check when I get home.
    Awesome, thank you for looking. I just wanted to replace mine (which has a small bend) with one that is in good shape with the foam insert below it. If you find it please let me know the condition and what you are looking to get from it.

My VIN:    10353

If it has only a bend and not specifically bent you should try hammering it flat with rubber mallets after removing it from the roof. I did this to mine for a small bend at the rear of the panel and it was surprisingly easy.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Repairing T-panel

+1

To the OP or anybody with a bent T-panel - consider also an option to get with Rob Grady or Chris Nicholson (PJ Grady EU) for remote repair since T-panels ship pretty well. You might start with Rob. He or Chris will need a good photo, will advise about shipping and they can probably deal with the pad, too.

One upside of repairing it is that you'll preserve the matching SS grain pattern to the doors if you stay with the one you have (assuming it is the original for that car and assuming the repair can be done without a regrain, which is likely).

Quote Originally Posted by eight8toy View Post
    If it has only a bend and not specifically bent you should try hammering it flat with rubber mallets after removing it from the roof. I did this to mine for a small bend at the rear of the panel and it was surprisingly easy.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    +1

To the OP or anybody with a bent T-panel - consider also an option to get with Rob Grady or Chris Nicholson (PJ Grady EU) for remote repair since T-panels ship pretty well. You might start with Rob. He or Chris will need a good photo, will advise about shipping and they can probably deal with the pad, too.

One upside of repairing it is that you'll preserve the matching SS grain pattern to the doors if you stay with the one you have (assuming it is the original for that car and assuming the repair can be done without a regrain, which is likely).
    Yeah something like that may be the way to go since I'm really nervous about beating it with a mallet. I didn't even think about the possibility of the grain of a new one not matching the doors, thanks for that info. This is what it looks like. Its been there ever since I bought it. The PO must have yanked up on it too much when attempting to remove it. The pad was actually broken in half when i removed it to get a look at the roof box. The PO also broke the rear upper finisher in half! Friggen He-Man

IMG_1310.jpgIMG_1309.jpgIMG_1308.jpg
    Last edited by Trstno1; 08-12-2017 at 07:39 PM.

My VIN:    891, 1045

I've got a good T-panel in FL if still looking. Asking 304 plus shipping.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle-co94 View Post
    I've got a good T-panel in FL if still looking. Asking 304 plus shipping.
    can you post pictures of the T-panel? Any issues with it? Does it have the foam insert underneath it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast