FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Leather Binnacle Wrap

My VIN:    3294

Aftermarket Leather Binnacle Wrap

Has anyone seen these "in person" to see how the quality is?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GREY-LEATHER...3D231973941937

Looks like a company in the UK, but they seem to have leather covers for the binnacle, console, sun visors, Door B Pillar trim, door interior panels, knee pads and dash boards. It's just the new leather covers, not the whole item. I'm definitely interested in something like this. Could be a neat way to "two-tone" your interior with covers that actually fit.
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Did all mine in custom 2 tone with grey stitching on the black material.
    I've seen these covers before but there tough to put on from what i heard.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Did all mine in custom 2 tone with grey stitching on the black material.
    I've seen these covers before but there tough to put on from what i heard.

This work was not performed by the same entity in the eBay listing though, right? Who did this work?

Binnacle cover

Just received one before Springfield(didn`t drive my D) and I put it on without taking off the Binnacle.Came out real nice,but,I think it would have been easier and even a better look if I had. Of course I still can do that. So to answer the question I think it is a good quality item,medium hard to put on.6864.

My VIN:    5625

I would really like to see one of these installed. The add on eBay looks black almost. Has anyone received the one that is light grey? Definitely interested..... Although I imagine DMCH will start reproducing binnacles here pretty soon anyways.... Time will tell...
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    I imagine DMCH will start reproducing binnacles here pretty soon anyways....
    No offense, but that is hilarious.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Stainless View Post
    This work was not performed by the same entity in the eBay listing though, right? Who did this work?
    No not ebay, a coworker of mine has a custom upholstery shop at his house and I gutted my car and he redid everything to my specifications. Wanted something different
    Here are older pics

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    5482

It looks like the DMC California repros that Danny sells for $375. Personally, I like the look of the stitching.
    Jeff

Oh i know but i got it alot cheaper by my coworker. The seat COVERS are DMC-H but he added 2 stage seat heaters, the dash and headliner is DMC-H also. Everything else he did and frenched in the lighted DMC badge on knee pad and made custom mesh covers over the rear speaker panels. He made new pull straps and a bunch of other little things. The stitching is idea i had for years to do to the car from seeing new cars done that way. Just wanted to be different
    This is a night shot.

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by steve6864 View Post
    Just received one before Springfield(didn`t drive my D) and I put it on without taking off the Binnacle.Came out real nice,but,I think it would have been easier and even a better look if I had. Of course I still can do that. So to answer the question I think it is a good quality item,medium hard to put on.6864.

Would you post pics please?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast