FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Handling by lotus emblem

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I remember years ago buying one at one of the DeLorean Car Shows (2008 perhaps?). Someone was selling them at the time. Either they had replicated them or located a big stock of them.

I completely forgot about whether or not it was still on my car though; had to check my photos to see if it was still there. I actually put it in the engine bay several years before my engine swap. I remember it seemed to have issues staying adhered to the fiberglass and I had to re-glue it multiple times. It could have fallen off and me not even noticed; still there though!

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

I have to admit though, I really like the look of the silver and black sticker shown above. The silver look definitely fits the car better.
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 08-22-2017 at 10:20 AM.

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I remember years ago buying one at one of the DeLorean Car Shows (2008 perhaps?). Someone was selling them at the time. Either they had replicated them or located a big stock of them.

I completely forgot about whether or not it was still on my car though; had to check my photos to see if it was still there. I actually put it in the engine bay several years before my engine swap. I remember it seemed to have issues staying adhered to the fiberglass and I had to re-glue it multiple times. It could have fallen off and me not even noticed; still there though!

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

I have to admit though, I really like the look of the silver and black sticker shown above. The silver look definitely fits the car better.
    I agree i like the silver/black over the green also.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

I lucked out and Called DMC CA and bought the Last 2 Italdesign for DMC silver badges the other day.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    03572

I had one of those green ones given to me about 10 years ago. It's probably still on my bench somewhere under other parts I saved.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

I agree Nick. After I ordered the green ones above, I noticed that they were not domed. I get the British Racing Green color, but prefer the silver and black. Oh well. So I searched and found these on the weekend:

image.jpg

http://beststickers.net/handling-by-...e?search=Lotus

They are domed, available in various sizes, and in and a choice of 3 color combinations. I ordered a pair in the 2 biggest sizes in polished aluminum on black. All for less than $20 shipped.

Again, I'll review them when they arrive.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    15275

nice find!!!

Dana.. good find. i might order some of those to replace mine!

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    I agree Nick. After I ordered the green ones above, I noticed that they were not domed. I get the British Racing Green color, but prefer the silver and black. Oh well. So I searched and found these on the weekend:

image.jpg

http://beststickers.net/handling-by-...e?search=Lotus

They are domed, available in various sizes, and in and a choice of 3 color combinations. I ordered a pair in the 2 biggest sizes in polished aluminum on black. All for less than $20 shipped.

Again, I'll review them when they arrive.
    Wow, that's some darn good sleuthing Dana!! I really like these; I'm considering swapping my old green one for one of these now.

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Wow, that's some darn good sleuthing Dana!! I really like these; I'm considering swapping my old green one for one of these now.
    Me too! Just ordered 2
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Awesome find, thank you for sharing

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

With the renewed interest in emblems and my transmission filters almost sold out, I am ready to undertake a new venture. Introducing the DeLorean Owner's emblem set! per order now!!

emblemkit.jpg

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast