Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 53

Thread: Handling by lotus emblem

  1. #21
    LS1 DMC Nicholas R's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Orlando, Florida

    Posts:    2,559

    My VIN:    01643

    Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

    I remember years ago buying one at one of the DeLorean Car Shows (2008 perhaps?). Someone was selling them at the time. Either they had replicated them or located a big stock of them.

    I completely forgot about whether or not it was still on my car though; had to check my photos to see if it was still there. I actually put it in the engine bay several years before my engine swap. I remember it seemed to have issues staying adhered to the fiberglass and I had to re-glue it multiple times. It could have fallen off and me not even noticed; still there though!

    FullSizeRender (1).jpg

    I have to admit though, I really like the look of the silver and black sticker shown above. The silver look definitely fits the car better.
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 08-22-2017 at 10:20 AM.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Bunker Hill, West Virginia

    Posts:    632

    My VIN:    11035

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I remember years ago buying one at one of the DeLorean Car Shows (2008 perhaps?). Someone was selling them at the time. Either they had replicated them or located a big stock of them.

    I completely forgot about whether or not it was still on my car though; had to check my photos to see if it was still there. I actually put it in the engine bay several years before my engine swap. I remember it seemed to have issues staying adhered to the fiberglass and I had to re-glue it multiple times. It could have fallen off and me not even noticed; still there though!

    FullSizeRender (1).jpg

    I have to admit though, I really like the look of the silver and black sticker shown above. The silver look definitely fits the car better.
    I agree i like the silver/black over the green also.

    Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

  3. #23
    Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Bunker Hill, West Virginia

    Posts:    632

    My VIN:    11035

    I lucked out and Called DMC CA and bought the Last 2 Italdesign for DMC silver badges the other day.

    Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

  4. #24
    Senior Member Bitsyncmaster's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Leonardtown, MD

    Posts:    6,948

    My VIN:    03572

    I had one of those green ones given to me about 10 years ago. It's probably still on my bench somewhere under other parts I saved.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

  5. #25
    Senior Member DMC-81's Avatar
    Join Date:  Apr 2014

    Location:  Florida

    Posts:    1,602

    My VIN:    <2000

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post

    I have to admit though, I really like the look of the silver and black sticker shown above. The silver look definitely fits the car better.
    I agree Nick. After I ordered the green ones above, I noticed that they were not domed. I get the British Racing Green color, but prefer the silver and black. Oh well. So I searched and found these on the weekend:

    image.jpg

    http://beststickers.net/handling-by-...e?search=Lotus

    They are domed, available in various sizes, and in and a choice of 3 color combinations. I ordered a pair in the 2 biggest sizes in polished aluminum on black. All for less than $20 shipped.

    Again, I'll review them when they arrive.
    Dana

    1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    349

    nice find!!!

    Dana.. good find. i might order some of those to replace mine!

  7. #27
    LS1 DMC Nicholas R's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Orlando, Florida

    Posts:    2,559

    My VIN:    01643

    Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    I agree Nick. After I ordered the green ones above, I noticed that they were not domed. I get the British Racing Green color, but prefer the silver and black. Oh well. So I searched and found these on the weekend:

    image.jpg

    http://beststickers.net/handling-by-...e?search=Lotus

    They are domed, available in various sizes, and in and a choice of 3 color combinations. I ordered a pair in the 2 biggest sizes in polished aluminum on black. All for less than $20 shipped.

    Again, I'll review them when they arrive.
    Wow, that's some darn good sleuthing Dana!! I really like these; I'm considering swapping my old green one for one of these now.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Patrick C's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Northern Michigan

    Posts:    984

    My VIN:    1880

    Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Wow, that's some darn good sleuthing Dana!! I really like these; I'm considering swapping my old green one for one of these now.
    Me too! Just ordered 2
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880
    Modifications done to my car can be seen in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yUpusPAvJc

  9. #29
    Senior Member Domi's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  France

    Posts:    2,305

    My VIN:    16951

    Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

    Awesome find, thank you for sharing

  10. #30
    Not really banned Michael's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    3,280

    With the renewed interest in emblems and my transmission filters almost sold out, I am ready to undertake a new venture. Introducing the DeLorean Owner's emblem set! per order now!!

    emblemkit.jpg

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •