FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Handling by lotus emblem

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    With the renewed interest in emblems and my transmission filters almost sold out, I am ready to undertake a new venture. Introducing the DeLorean Owner's emblem set! per order now!!

Attachment 53052
    pre*
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

I received the "Handling by LOTUS" labels from I Say Ding Dong.

image.jpg

It is not domed and looks more like a sticker than a badge/emblem. I don't think I'll put it on the car, but maybe it would be good for a car show sign etc.

I also got the "design Guigiaro" labels. It is a high quality domed badge. I think I'll put it in the same place as Michael.

image.jpg
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    I received the "Handling by LOTUS" labels from I Say Ding Dong.

image.jpg

It is not domed and looks more like a sticker than a badge/emblem. I don't think I'll put it on the car, but maybe it would be good for a car show sign etc.

I also got the "design Guigiaro" labels. It is a high quality domed badge. I think I'll put it in the same place as Michael.

image.jpg
    They look good under the vent. It's understated but noticeable and I like the color against the stainless. I blended my stainless clean in that spot then cleaned with some lacquer thinner. Let me tell you they will never come off. It is some strong adhesive.

20170826_163600.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    They look good under the vent. It's understated but noticeable and I like the color against the stainless. I blended my stainless clean in that spot then cleaned with some lacquer thinner. Let me tell you they will never come off. It is some strong adhesive.

20170826_163600.jpg
    Nice! That's where I'll put mine. Thanks!

------------------------

I got the "Handling by LOTUS" labels in the two biggest sizes from BestStickers.net today. They came quite quickly from Latvia ( very cool) and they sent me an extra smaller badge.

They are a high quality badge suitable for the exterior of the car, feature a low profile dome, and the aluminum that I chose actually has a grained look. Because of this, in my opinion the aluminum on black color scheme matches the car perfectly. I'm impressed!

image.jpg

What do you all think?
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

The black labels looks nicer than the green one!
    The black aren't just a sticker right? Looks like it is in 3D like the original and not a simple sticker like the green one.
    If that's the case, I need to order them

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    The black labels looks nicer than the green one!
    The black aren't just a sticker right? Looks like it is in 3D like the original and not a simple sticker like the green one.
    If that's the case, I need to order them
    That's correct, they are not just a simple sticker. They are a proper plastic domed (looks 3D) automotive badge.
    Dana

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Thank you for your answer, this is great

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Nice! That's where I'll put mine. Thanks!

------------------------

I got the "Handling by LOTUS" labels in the two biggest sizes from BestStickers.net today. They came quite quickly from Latvia ( very cool) and they sent me an extra smaller badge.

They are a high quality badge suitable for the exterior of the car, feature a low profile dome, and the aluminum that I chose actually has a grained look. Because of this, in my opinion the aluminum on black color scheme matches the car perfectly. I'm impressed!

image.jpg

What do you all think?
    I like those too! I think I would go with maybe a front fender placement due to the shape but I would do either Design Guigiaro or the Lotus badges, not both.
    Last edited by Michael; 09-02-2017 at 04:31 PM.

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

I couldn't think of a better place to put those labels at Michael has on his car. The kind of fit about the same length as the side vents. Good placement Michael

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

I was just searching for something completely different when I ran across this image. Look like I wasn't the first one with this idea after all. No idea where this badge came from(I like mine better anyway). Something about it makes it look like an old photo though. Possibly the DOA sticker.

IMG_3683.jpg

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast