FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Other car shows in Orlando area

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Other car shows in Orlando area

Hi there,

Just wanted to let all DCF members know that I found an organizer of car shows in and around the Orlando area, in case you are looking for other events. It's called Cruisin Orlando. http://www.cruisinorlando.com/ They have a Facebook page as well.

I went to their Lake Mary show today and had a great time. There was no registration fee, as it was an informal cruise in and out type of show, with many classes represented. The people (car owners and spectators) were very friendly and complimentary of the car. The organizer/ DJ gave a shout out to my car and played Johnny B. Goode shortly after I arrived.

I got there a little late so I was in the perimeter area but was lucky to find a shady spot. The downtown area was nice and there were a few restaurants around the square.

image.jpg

Dennis / DMC5180, this picture is for you....

image.jpg
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Only A Gibson Is Good Enough DeLorean937's Avatar

My VIN:    5712 - Ace Frehley's DMC

Sounds great! I'll try and stop by for a weekend get away soon. I was thinking about doing the Rock and Brews event next month I believe. Just have finish installing my new weather seals.

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

They do one in downtown Longwood that we've been to a few times with some friends... It's a good time. I'm waiting for Robert to come up so we can do a Rock N Brews one.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

So, I went to another Cruisin Orlando event. It was a Cars & Coffee show at Gateway Classic Cars in Lake Mary. Aside from the cars that showed up, that business had an eclectic collection of classics for sale completely inside. It was a great couple of hours.

Here is a pic of the photographer catching my wife and I arriving:
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.

Well, I attended another Cruisin Orlando event today, the Downtown Lake Mary Cruise, along with my youngest daughter. It was a great day.

I met for the first time a newish Delorean owner there as well. His was also an early car with New Jersey plates, but was an unrestored "barn find" with only enough work done to make it driveable. Wow! Chris, it was great to meet you. Kudos to you on still rocking the original plastic coolant tank and fuel hoses.

I also talked to several fellow Gen -X'ers who were either in the market or soon to be for a classic car, and I fielded their questions about DeLoreans. Very cool.
    Last edited by DMC-81; 07-15-2018 at 03:29 PM.
    Dana

Today, I went to the Orlando Ace Cafe's Cars & Coffee event, sponsored by Hagerty.

If you are in and around Central Florida, Ace has regular events, good food, and a great atmosphere. I recommend it for a good gearhead experience. Here's the website: https://www.acecafeusa.com/welcome

It was a great morning and good turnout of awesome hardware:

Here is my car displayed:

Here's another JZD car:

If you are thinking about attending one of the events in this thread, PM me and maybe we can meet up.

Cheers,
    Last edited by DMC-81; 09-15-2018 at 06:01 PM.
    Dana

Cruisin Orlando- Longwood 11/10 and Oviedo 11/17

On an impromptu basis, I dropped into the Longwood Cruise with my Daughter. I wish we had more time to stay as there was good group of people and music there.

I may take my wife to the Rock & Brews Cruise, Oviedo location this Saturday November 17th (11:00 am - 2:00pm). Weather forecast looks favorable... sunny and 76 degrees.

PM me if you can make it.

Cheers,
    Dana

Memorial Day Car Show at Ace Cafe

I went to another Ace Cafe Orlando car show on Memorial Day. Apparently they had 140 cars attend. The most awesome and show themed ride in my opinion was this military Jeep hot rod. The attention to detail was absolutely stunning:

Back:

Here was a picture of my car taken by event photographer Always Forward Photo:

Look for an announcement of the next DCF event very soon...
    Dana

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Awesome Jeep! I would have loved to attend but was out of state for work related duties.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    6125

That jeep is frickin rad. The only thing that seems slightly out of place to me are the wheels. It's like it needs something with a more classic look, but not like Willys steel wheel old.