FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DeLorean Census

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Im making a registry for everyone that wants a Delorean but doesn't have one.
    Please be sure to include what future owners have for lunch. Daily.
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Yeah, its already been done...as mentioned earlier, as collaboration with the current folks would be a good idea.

Seeing a form like that makes me want to just fill in random stuff...hehe

That is alot of information...you dont need license plate # or tabs... while it may be a legit thing..it almost reads as a database for car theives that specialize in deloreans...
    with plate # and all that they could get your address, etc..then again, maybe I'm just paranoid...I mean I'd someone discover the Ford Focus in the driveway and steal that...

They did forget to ask how many wheels, what kind of lights, eyebrows, fuzzy dice...
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

I'm confused as to why this census only has an owner age range of under 18 or 19 and older. What about the 18 year olds?

My VIN:    10515

Quote Originally Posted by DeLoreanGirl View Post
    I'm confused as to why this census only has an owner age range of under 18 or 19 and older. What about the 18 year olds?
    Thanks... fixed!

My VIN:    4877

I thought it was due to the law that 18 year olds are not able to own deloreans ...17 and younger, yep...19 and older, yep...18, go to jail.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Hahaha! They couldn't stand me in jail. One day of that, and they'd be begging me to go back to my DeLorean.

A few questions / notes:

- Engine types include DMCH Stage options, but there's nothing for DPI SPEC? I think I'm on SPEC II or III by now, would have to check when the turbo kicks in and go one notch below that.
    - Finish and interior includes "good" and "bad" options, but no "fair"? My interior is most definitively a "fair", I mean it's not unbearable, but it's getting some massive TLC this winter.
    - Car storage -- this really shouldn't be on there. Scientific as it might be, there's a fine line between gathering voluntary info and giving would-be thieves access to finding the easiest targets. 2 cents.
    - When "Source" is selected as "owner", the fields for "current owner ____" should disappear. Also should probably be renamed to "Reported by" as it's vague until you see the option list (what's the "website" option for anyways?)

- Owner birth year should be a thing. Let your system figure out the age automatically, I ain't changing much. 1990 FWIW.
    - Gender: "Mixed"... I think the correct term is "Other". I have never heard of gender being "mixed", and Akron's big on the LGBT community. There's a lot of terms, but that ain't one of them.
    - Miles driven per year -- can this be a text field? 500 miles all the way up to 5,000 miles, and here I am lucky to get in 2,000 miles.
    - Ordering on the condition fields are weird. My car overall isn't quite excellent, but it's better than Good, so it's "Time Machine Conversion"? Should probably put that option on top just to be safe. They're in their own class by default. A beat up looking time machine is still screen accurate if it's beat up right.

- Date observed / last seen -- why is this mandatory? If I own the car... Maybe a field rename is in order, so "info good as of" maybe?
    - The form didn't care when I put in 12/31/2037 as last seen Will be interesting to see how that works... Call me "future boy".

Submitted, but wondering too how we go about updating records. Is that a thing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2