I've been putting off writing this post because I don't want to do it. I've kinda of accepted the fact that having a kid is turning out to be a little more expensive than I budgeted, and at a time when my wife was laid off and is starting a freelancing business. It just doesn't make it the best time to be owning a non-essential vehicle.

So it's going up for sale.

Basics:
1981 with a smooth hood, grey interior and an automatic. Vin5470
Probably about 140,000 miles, but a long-broken speedo makes that a good guess.
Runs absolutely perfect. I drive this car 7 days a week, rain or shine.

The car has a bunch of projects I'd do if I was keeping it, all of which were put on hold because they're non essential and I can't justify spending money on it when we're on a budget. For instance, I have a GPS speedo conversion project that I've started, but need to 3D print some pieces to finish, which is why I've chosen not to buy the angle drive and cable. There are 2 dents that could be knocked out or panels replaced. The AC could use a conversion to R134, but I'm from the tropics and absolutely not bothered by the heat. There's a longer list, but it's on the link below.

I will take pics of the frame, and shame on me for not taking them before posting this, as I know it's critical. There is one small rust spot that I may actually have fixed before selling, just so I can sell in good conscience. It's small and up near the front. I've been under this car enough hours to tell you that's all there is. It's got the standard oil leak, but not even enough to require top-ups between changes.

I'm asking $24k based on what I've seen others sell for on ebay. and based on the final bid of this very car about a year ago ($20.5k) when it was an unproven, undriven car that I took a chance on and just got real lucky. Even luckier that the high bidder didn't come through.

I plan to list it on ebay in the next week or so, and feel that's most likely the venue where it'll sell. However, wanted to post it to the community first, and let people know I'm selling, rather than them finding out on eBay. While I'm sad about it, I'm also thrilled with having owned it. There was a box on my bucket list that said "Own a Delorean". I've checked it. The 10-year old inside me giggles everytime I drive it. The adult in me wishes I could take rides with my wife and son, and I can't. When the time is right for me to get another 'fun' car, it'll have 4 seats.

Photos and tons of details can be seen here: deloreanforsale.com

(I am happy to give away the remaining lease on the domain name once the car sells if anyone wants it,)