FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Water pours out when I jack up car

Water pours out when I jack up car

I just drove the car yesterday with the air-conditioner. Today I'm working on the front end and jack up the car and water is pouring out of the triangular plate in the middle of the car underneath. Is that just water from the air-conditioner? If I did not jack up the car today in the water was sitting there for weeks, would that cause some rust to get going? What should be done about it? Thank you
    81' gas flap. Sept build. 14k miles. Mostly original. Updating things...

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Yeah because the drip hose for the evaporator box inside the car comes out there and it hits the frame and runs out sometimes you see it with the car just sitting there and sometimes you don't but it all depends on the way the car is angled. As long as it ain't green you have nothing to worry about

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    03572

Yes, just AC condensation draining. I drilled holes in my plate so water does not rust it so bad.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

The condensate drain is supposed to drain out along the side of the front frame rail by the front, right tire and not onto the plate. The hose may need to be repositioned or reattached.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Redsquall View Post
    I just drove the car yesterday with the air-conditioner. Today I'm working on the front end and jack up the car and water is pouring out of the triangular plate in the middle of the car underneath. Is that just water from the air-conditioner? If I did not jack up the car today in the water was sitting there for weeks, would that cause some rust to get going? What should be done about it? Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    The condensate drain is supposed to drain out along the side of the front frame rail by the front, right tire and not onto the plate. The hose may need to be repositioned or reattached.
    Water coming out while your A/C is being used is a great sign. Much better than not seeing any water at all and having the little elbow on the drain line plugged or something.

The hose (on my car anyway) is shown positioned here:

AC water drain hose.jpg

You may be able to just move yours to the side slightly and get it to drain down over the other side of the frame instead of down towards the fuel tank side which then sits on top of the fuel tank closing plate.

It's also only flowing out of there under the force of gravity, so if your hose is curved up for some reason, it will become its own plug, and only come pouring out when you've jacked the rear end up or drive down a steep hill.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Water coming out while your A/C is being used is a great sign. Much better than not seeing any water at all and having the little elbow on the drain line plugged or something.

The hose (on my car anyway) is shown positioned here:

AC water drain hose.jpg

You may be able to just move yours to the side slightly and get it to drain down over the other side of the frame instead of down towards the fuel tank side which then sits on top of the fuel tank closing plate.

It's also only flowing out of there under the force of gravity, so if your hose is curved up for some reason, it will become its own plug, and only come pouring out when you've jacked the rear end up or drive down a steep hill.
    Thanks a lot Jonathan!
    81' gas flap. Sept build. 14k miles. Mostly original. Updating things...