FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: For Sale Section Discussion [Moved From: For sale - 1981 Auto / Grey]

Nothing witty here lest it offend

I hope it's okay to leave a testimonial. I have no personal relationship with the seller or interest in the sale. What I can add that can be of substance: I saw this car at Cars and Coffee at Dulles landing and was impressed at how tough it was. Many cars like mine have struggled due to this or that problem up to a mere 40K miles. This one has at least 140K miles and it appears bone stock. This one of those that was well built from the get-go and it is in no way "worn out" and has the appropriate wear commensurate for its age. It's not a good deal at that price, it's a great one. For anybody who complains about not being able to get a "good" Delorean at a decent price, you've got nothing to complain about if you do not take a serious look at this one.

GLWS.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    I hope it's okay to leave a testimonial. I have no personal relationship with the seller or interest in the sale.
    Not really...
    The answer to this and other questions about the
    "For Sale & Services / Want To Buy" rules can be found in the "For Sale Section Rules" sticky, titled "For sale section rules- PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING !!!",
    located at the top of the thread and at the top of all of its sub-sections.

"Members: STOP posting remarks like "free bump, good guy or good item”. If you are NOT going to purchase the items listed. Remarks like "you can get it cheaper at so and so place" are NOT allowed. Again, do not post a question or remark if you do not intend to buy the item."

Maybe a link, by the OP, to a "testimonial" in the Open Discussion section would help.

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Not really...
    The answer to this and other questions about the
    "For Sale & Services / Want To Buy" rules can be found in the "For Sale Section Rules" sticky, titled "For sale section rules- PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING !!!",
    located at the top of the thread and at the top of all of its sub-sections.

"Members: STOP posting remarks like "free bump, good guy or good item”. If you are NOT going to purchase the items listed. Remarks like "you can get it cheaper at so and so place" are NOT allowed. Again, do not post a question or remark if you do not intend to buy the item."

Maybe a link, by the OP, to a "testimonial" in the Open Discussion section would help.
    Personally, when I bought a DeLorean long-distance from somebody in Texas who I did not personally I know, I appreciated the feedback and insight of other owners who were familiar with both the seller and the condition of the car. I guess I was wrong for using that resource. Perhaps from now on I should only buy cars of an unverified condition from strangers and pay for them via a Western Union money order or better yet just give the seller my checking account number, bank routing number and mother's maiden name! ;-)
    Andrew
    4194 Since 7/98
    5052 Since 7/14

1972 Buick Riviera
    1974 Bricklin SV-1 177
    1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 (4.2 I6, 4 Speed)
    1983 Pontiac Trans Am (Knight Rider Conversion in progress)
    1985 Oldsmobile Toronado (daily driver)

Solex carb and antenna television guru.

"My carbon footprint is bigger than yours!" :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Personally, when I bought a DeLorean long-distance from somebody in Texas who I did not personally I know, I appreciated the feedback and insight of other owners who were familiar with both the seller and the condition of the car. I guess I was wrong for using that resource. Perhaps from now on I should only buy cars of an unverified condition from strangers and pay for them via a Western Union money order or better yet just give the seller my checking account number, bank routing number and mother's maiden name! ;-)
    All of which you are more than welcome to do W/O violating the rules in the Open/General sections. (W/O violating the rules as suggested above ;-)

It is all about legal issues and making things work as intended. Which can be discussed in the Forum-Support-Announcements, HERE

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post

I can dig it. Mods can move or delete.

My VIN:    5470

Hey Sam - thanks for the kind words! For what it's worth, I really admired yours as well. It looked well loved and well used in a way you rarely see Deloreans. It reminded me of a Delorean that James Dean might drive.

Mods - I have no issue with this commentary being moved off the ad. Happy to respect the rules of the site.

Thanks guys!!

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by rickjames8 View Post
    Hey Sam - thanks for the kind words! For what it's worth, I really admired yours as well. It looked well loved and well used in a way you rarely see Deloreans. It reminded me of a Delorean that James Dean might drive.

Mods - I have no issue with this commentary being moved off the ad. Happy to respect the rules of the site.
    So who's was bigger?

My VIN:    5470

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    So who's was bigger?
    I have some add-on exhaust tips, so I guess that would make mine about an inch longer. ;-)