Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
Just to pipe in here, but.. angle drives are still available through the DMC vendors as well.
Yes, re-production angle drives are available from the vendors, however they have or at least had a questionable lifespan, with some only lasting a few thousand miles. While the Speedograph angle drives were around double/triple the cost, they last. It's a question of getting what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
Check with Rob Grady as he can beef up an original Smiths Angle drive with improved cogs.
In lieu of no longer being able to buy the Speedograph unit, this would be the option I would take if I had an original Smiths angle drive.

Quote Originally Posted by BABIS View Post
Mike do you recommend to change the speedograph nut with the original one?
On my car I'm still running it with the nut that it was supplied with and haven't had any issues (I've been running it since Oct 2011). They're easy enough to swap out if you feel it's an issue. I don't know who the owner was who had the issue with the cracked nut but I assume this was a one off incident - it's just a shame this one off incident has caused Speedograph to cease selling the angle drives.