FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Interesting eBay stats

My VIN:    5470

Interesting eBay stats

Selling on ebay is always an interesting experience. I have 2 days left to go, and here are the current stats on my ad.

1859 page views
    58 watchers
    0 bids
    3 questions:
    1. Yo, you get a lot of chicks with this car?
    2. $17,000 (that was the email in its entirety)
    3. Can I pay for the whole thing in PayPal to get the FF miles?

I don't get it though. I've bought 3 cars on ebay. I always send just one email to the seller and it reads "Here's my phone number, please call me, or send me your phone number and a good time to call". It never ceases to amaze me that someone spending a sizeable chunk of money on a classic car does not want to talk to the owner and really cover every aspect of the car. I even say in every ad that I'll make time for that, but people never do.

In any rate, we'll see how this one plays out.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

You failed to also give your replies to said questions...
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

People are idiots.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    6585

My experience was totally opposite. My car was on consignment, and the seller outright refused to speak with me. It was an estate sale, and the PO was deceased with his executor son handling things. I was told outright that he was ashamed of the car because it wasn't flashy enough, and he never wanted anything to do with it because it wasn't a symbol of "success", and clashed with his public image he was selling to people. Dude is beyond a total money grubber, and knowing what I do about him after looking him up online (and his various scandals), it was for the best we never met.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    5470

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    You failed to also give your replies to said questions...
    1) I basically said that it is a great conversation starter. What he does with those conversations is up to him. But I also added that most of the people starting conversations happen to be dudes who were in their teens when BTTF came out.
    2) No thanks.
    3) Sure, if you tack on 3% to your final bid to cover the fees. I don't feel like using "send money to a friend" for a high-dollar transaction.

Later, I did get one 'normal' email from a guy saying that he's serious and that he'd like to offer less than my starting bid. I said I'd be happy to discuss that if it doesn't sell, but obviously it doesn't make sense to do that just now.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

These are just questions designed to elicit a response. A reply from you either serious or you getting mad gives them what they want.

Usually I spot these types coming a mile away and I make sure to beat them at their own game. (that's my way of saying I am a utter cocky smartass to them before they get the chance to be the same with me)

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    My experience was totally opposite. My car was on consignment, and the seller outright refused to speak with me. It was an estate sale, and the PO was deceased with his executor son handling things. I was told outright that he was ashamed of the car because it wasn't flashy enough, and he never wanted anything to do with it because it wasn't a symbol of "success", and clashed with his public image he was selling to people. Dude is beyond a total money grubber, and knowing what I do about him after looking him up online (and his various scandals), it was for the best we never met.
    Likewise with me. First owner was a Physician. His grandkids had zero interest in an 'embarrassing' car that didn't work anyway. He could buy them each an Escalade, and he did.

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Sorry to hear your selling the car after you just got it. Paul told me and i was working during the last club met. To bad but i understand from what i was told.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!