FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Triple Two BBL Weber Kit

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

Triple Two BBL Weber Kit

In my random research, I stumbled upon a triple two bbl weber carb kit offered by Simon Auto in Germany. Simon Auto specializes in performance upgrades and parts for European performance cars, including the Alpine A310. The kit in question includes the carbs, a custom intake for the PRV and the linkage along with an air cleaner adapter plate.

It appears that this system is a custom designed and fabricated system not to be confused with the twin triple bbl Weber setup found on a handful of Pack GT Alpines and the Talbot Tagora.

I sent them an e-mail inquiry regarding the price and availability.

http://www.simon-auto-shop.com/shop/...ite=detail.htm
    Andrew
    4194 Since 7/98
    5052 Since 7/14

1972 Buick Riviera
    1974 Bricklin SV-1 177
    1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 (4.2 I6, 4 Speed)
    1983 Pontiac Trans Am (Knight Rider Conversion in progress)
    1985 Oldsmobile Toronado (daily driver)

Solex carb and antenna television guru.

"My carbon footprint is bigger than yours!" :-)

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

I received a response from Simon Auto confirming that the manifold is NLA :-(
    Andrew
    4194 Since 7/98
    5052 Since 7/14

1972 Buick Riviera
    1974 Bricklin SV-1 177

My VIN:    6585

Most places that offer manifold/carb kits for the PRV in Europe will require a core manifold first. Found that out while researching things for the Alpine.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    Most places that offer manifold/carb kits for the PRV in Europe will require a core manifold first. Found that out while researching things for the Alpine.
    JL Engineering offers a Solex to Holley 390 conversion for the Alpine A310 / Peugeot 604 style manifold. As you correctly note, the conversion kit requires a core Alpine / Peugeot manifold. The cost of the converted manifold with the carb kit is around $1000.00 the last time I checked. But again, one has to consider the cost of the Peugeot manifold and compounding shipping and handling charges.

The AussieFrog guys speak highly of a Weber 2 BBL conversion for the Peugeot manifold. The Weber conversion is similar to the Autolite 2100 conversion that is popular here in the States and involves blocking the single BBL inlet and using an adapter plate to mate the Weber to the two BBL inlet. The advantage of going the Weber or Autolite option is that neither require permanent modifications to the manifold. However, it would be interesting to see what kind of performance results are obtained from the Holley 390 conversion.

Supposedly there was somebody who was planning on making a single plane manifolds based upon a Peugeot footprint adapted to work with an Autolite 2100, but I haven't heard any updates in the past few months.
    Andrew
    4194 Since 7/98
    5052 Since 7/14

1972 Buick Riviera
    1974 Bricklin SV-1 177