Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flooding in TX: How are our friends @ DMC Houston doing?

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Flooding in TX: How are our friends @ DMC Houston doing?

Given the terrible flooding that's taking place in south/southeast Texas - including the Houston area: Has anyone been able to reach out to DMC Houston to see how they're doing?

Henrik
    VR6 engine (367 rwhp/377 ftlb); Type T4 turbo; A/R=0.70/0.68; Air-to-air intercooler, Megasquirt MS3 Pro, Manual tranny w/ HD output shaft; Remote mounted oil filter.
    Adjustable dampers and ride height springs from QA1/DriveStainless; SS triangulated LCA brackets, boxed in LCAs, PU bushings, ventilated front brake rotors - all from DMCEU
    http://deloreanvr6conversion.blogspot.com

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

James has been posting on Facebook. So far it sounds as though the DMC facility is high and dry.

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Great to hear. Every time I've been there it feels as if they are sitting in low-lying terrain, so I'm glad they've been spared.
    VR6 engine (367 rwhp/377 ftlb); Type T4 turbo; A/R=0.70/0.68; Air-to-air intercooler, Megasquirt MS3 Pro, Manual tranny w/ HD output shaft; Remote mounted oil filter.
    Adjustable dampers and ride height springs from QA1/DriveStainless; SS triangulated LCA brackets, boxed in LCAs, PU bushings, ventilated front brake rotors - all from DMCEU
    http://deloreanvr6conversion.blogspot.com

My VIN:    10907

Sarah posted today that the facility is clear of the flooding and the employees are safe, but some of them have had water damage at their houses and nobody can get to work because the streets are still underwater.

My VIN:    6125

I called earlier today to see how things were going and got redirected to Danny at DMC-CA. He said the same things that others have already posted.... Basically employees were unable to get to work due to flooding in other parts of the Houston area, so they're closed for the next few days.

I got curious and looked up the flood plain map for the area:

DMCH is right on the edge of the 500 year flood plane zone so if what they're saying on the news is true it's possible flood waters could come up from the south.

The other issue besides flooding is dealing with runoff and ponding from the massive rains. From what it looks like on google maps is there is a big grassy field behind the warehouse for water runoff from the parking lot and building roof. I would think the large area for drainage would mean less risk of localized flooding from all the runoff.

I hope everyone stays safe down there.

My VIN:    6125

Going further down the rabbit hole, there are a few traffic cams near I65 and HWY 8 near DMCH.

https://traffic.houstontranstar.org/...nder&fr=1&ps=0

Here's approximately the same view from google maps:
    https://goo.gl/maps/V5vNroaBbNC2

Owen (Spittybug) lives down there. Hope he is dry and safe.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Thanks for the visuals. That helps.

Best wishes for all the DMCH team and anyone affected by this flooding.

Stay safe.
    Dana

Delorean status: CECF 2017 Platinum Award winner. Still tinkering...

Pictures and comments of my restoration journey are in the albums section on my profile.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    05429

Based on FB information posted by James, DMCH appears to be something he referred to as "DeLorean Island". No water on the ground but you can't get to the building without driving through some standing water.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    dswingle@DeLorean.com

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Based on FB information posted by James, DMCH appears to be something he referred to as "DeLorean Island". No water on the ground but you can't get to the building without driving through some standing water.
    Noah it seems, owns a DeLorean

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast