FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Flooding in TX: How are our friends @ DMC Houston doing?

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Glad to hear you you are doing alright. I just heard form my cousin who lives in the Houston area and is currently on a vacation in Italy. In his words "The house is a goner". I have no idea what he is going to do or where he is going to go. His return ticket is for Houston but not if the airport is closed. And if he can get to the airport his car is probably flooded. Even if he gets car service or a taxi where the h-ll is he going to go anyway? What a disaster. If I were him I would try to get my ticket changed and go to a relative's house in another city till I could figure out what to do.
    David Teitelbaum

Quick update #2:

Looks like we made it also. Had made preparations for being stranded inside the house for a long time, and that paid off (it started raining very hard here Friday morning, and we still can't get out of the subdivision). But also, along about Sunday, we started making preparations inside the house for taking on water, like putting stuff up on furniture. Luckily no water got in, but it was a close one for sure. The garage got a little bit inside, but not from rising water. It was from driving rain under/around one of the garage doors. So the DeLo never got touched by a drop of water.

And now, the rains are mostly over. We are safe, and we are thankful to have been spared loss of life and property, and we are praying for our fellow Texans that aren't so lucky. When we can get out of here, we're determined to help out in some way, like donating labor, time, money or something, not sure yet. A BIG THANK YOU back to you all, the DeLorean community, that were pulling for us, sent out good wishes and more importantly prayed for us (yes, we believe prayer really does work).

Thomas

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    Quick update #2:

Looks like we made it also. Had made preparations for being stranded inside the house for a long time, and that paid off (it started raining very hard here Friday morning, and we still can't get out of the subdivision). But also, along about Sunday, we started making preparations inside the house for taking on water, like putting stuff up on furniture. Luckily no water got in, but it was a close one for sure. The garage got a little bit inside, but not from rising water. It was from driving rain under/around one of the garage doors. So the DeLo never got touched by a drop of water.

And now, the rains are mostly over. We are safe, and we are thankful to have been spared loss of life and property, and we are praying for our fellow Texans that aren't so lucky. When we can get out of here, we're determined to help out in some way, like donating labor, time, money or something, not sure yet. A BIG THANK YOU back to you all, the DeLorean community, that were pulling for us, sent out good wishes and more importantly prayed for us (yes, we believe prayer really does work).

Thomas

Great news Thomas!! Prayer does work! Have you heard from Shannon? Was wondering how he fared as well... I know some other forum members here are down there as well... hoping and praying they are alright too. I communicated with Sarah down at DMCH and she indicated the shop was OK but water was getting close to their house. I haven't heard anything since the weekend so hopefully they made it with little or no mess as well. I'm proud of all my Houston brothers and sisters. Let us know if we can do anything.
    Jeff

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

DMCH customers may have received an update from DMC Houston today by email as I did. See text below. It was accompanied by a photo of their building, fully intact save for a bit of storm damage on their logo/sign in front, as explained.

Good to get this news and also get their thoughts for those around them. Appreciating this update from the Houston team.

Best wishes to all Houstonians and their Texas neighbors for a safe and speedy recovery. - Rich

HURRICANE HARVEY UPDATE

Most of the DMC (Texas) staff is back at work 8/30/2017. We will be answering our own phones and getting caught up while we clean up.

Other than a few roof leaks and part of our big sign blowing off, we had no significant damage to the facility, and no damage to cars in our possession or DeLorean parts inventory.

All staff are safe, but some are displaced as a result of flooding or storm damage.

Where to Donate to Harvey Victims

Many DeLorean owners and enthusiasts have reached out asking how they can help. If you're outside the affected areas, here are some options to consider:

The Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund of Houston’s mayor, Sylvester Turner, which is administered by the Greater Houston Community Foundation.

Houston Food Bank and the Food Bank of Corpus Christi are asking for donations.

The South Texas Blood and Tissue Center is reporting a critical shortage, and has extended hours at all of its San Antonio-area donor rooms. To donate, call 210-731-5590 or visit their website for more information.

Carter BloodCare covers hospitals in North, Central and East Texas. To donate, call 877-571-1000 or text DONATE4LIFE to 444-999.

To help animals suffering from the disaster, visit the Houston Humane Society or the San Antonio Humane Society. The Houston Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals has set up an animal emergency response hotline (713-861-3010) and is accepting donations on its website.

During the unprecedented flooding of the last few days, a lot of what others have been saying about Houston has been wonderful — non-Houstonians coming to our aid, volunteering, donating, and supporting us. And we Houstonians are grateful for all of it.

Here's an article from our local NPR station "Five Things Non-Houstonians Need To Understand About Harvey Flooding"...
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3