FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Flooding in TX: How are our friends @ DMC Houston doing?

My VIN:    6125

I called earlier today to see how things were going and got redirected to Danny at DMC-CA. He said the same things that others have already posted.... Basically employees were unable to get to work due to flooding in other parts of the Houston area, so they're closed for the next few days.

I got curious and looked up the flood plain map for the area:

DMCH is right on the edge of the 500 year flood plane zone so if what they're saying on the news is true it's possible flood waters could come up from the south.

The other issue besides flooding is dealing with runoff and ponding from the massive rains. From what it looks like on google maps is there is a big grassy field behind the warehouse for water runoff from the parking lot and building roof. I would think the large area for drainage would mean less risk of localized flooding from all the runoff.

I hope everyone stays safe down there.

My VIN:    6125

Going further down the rabbit hole, there are a few traffic cams near I65 and HWY 8 near DMCH.

https://traffic.houstontranstar.org/...nder&fr=1&ps=0

Here's approximately the same view from google maps:
    https://goo.gl/maps/V5vNroaBbNC2

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Owen (Spittybug) lives down there. Hope he is dry and safe.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Thanks for the visuals. That helps.

Best wishes for all the DMCH team and anyone affected by this flooding.

Stay safe.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Based on FB information posted by James, DMCH appears to be something he referred to as "DeLorean Island". No water on the ground but you can't get to the building without driving through some standing water.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Based on FB information posted by James, DMCH appears to be something he referred to as "DeLorean Island". No water on the ground but you can't get to the building without driving through some standing water.
    Noah it seems, owns a DeLorean

My VIN:    5482

I posted a similar thread this weekend. Thomas and a couple others replied there as well. Mods might want to merge these two threads. Stay safe

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?15...ston-Operation
    Jeff

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

I don't know the neighborhood but the entire Houston area, Harris County especially, is being subjected to heavy rain and they will be releasing water from the dams to prevent over-topping. Any areas not yet flooded may yet get flooded and areas already flooded may get deeper. I hope all is well for DMCH as I am sure all of us do. In any case it will be days or weeks before that area is back to normal so I would not expect any customer support from them for a while. Once they do get back up and running it wouldn't hurt for everyone to place an order with them for some stuff to help them out. You also have to figure all of their employees have problems with their homes too. This is a catastrophe of Biblical proportions and it will take a while till some semblance of normality can return. Even if there is no damage there is no water, electric, mail, phones, etc and it will be that way for a while. Hard for a business to operate under those conditions. When my office in Hoboken, NJ got flooded during Hurricane Sandy we had nothing for 2 weeks. When it was restored it wasn't back to normal right away, it took months to get things all going again. I expect it will be like that in Texas. No court proceedings, no mail, no schools. They can't collect taxes, it's a mess. All of the gas stations get flooded and you get oil and gas floating around, the dirt gets washed up out of the sewers and all kinds of toxic stuff is left behind.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    10588

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

I totally called to correct an error I made on a part order. Didn't even put it together where they were geographically. Wishing them the best on DeLorean Island.
    -Luigi-
    Thank you ALL for your patience and your tremendous help!

1982 VIN#10588 Build Date Dec '81

My VIN:    6313

Quick update... our home appears to be in the clear now, we're 500ft from Buffalo Bayou. It burst its bank on Sunday night and the water got to within 2in of the house and garage foundation top. Thankfully the bayou pulled back since they started the release from Barker reservoir. One neighbor flooded to about 18in. After prepping the house for flooding on Sunday afternoon, I got the garage ready, Delorean body up on the lift, but frame on the ground. Feeling very lucky to avoid flooding despite getting so close.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast