FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Written Description for car show

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

Written Description for car show

I'm going to a car show and they will make a sign for the car with 100 words.

Does anyone have a description that I can borrow and then redo with the things specific to me?
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I wrote one up several years ago. I will see if I can find it

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I wrote one up several years ago. I will see if I can find it
    Thanks
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

Found it. I wrote this about 2009 or 2010 ish. There were a few omissions about jail time while his attorney raised the 5 mil bail and a few other things that we might see as important but were left out for brevity and to keep confusion down and interest from dying...nobody wants to read a book at a car show.
    You will also of course want to re write the passage about my car's info and replace it with your own

John Zachary DeLorean had it all. He was a successful automotive engineer, which led to a successful executive career with General Motors. It was almost certain he would become the next president of General Motors, but that just wasn't enough. Mr. DeLorean was an automobile designer; that was his passion and his area of excellence. Mr DeLorean wanted to design and produce his own car, and the office politics of G.M. was just not his cup of tea. In 1973 he left General Motors to start DeLorean Motor Company in 1975. In January 1981, the first DMC-12's rolled off the brand new state of the art assembly line in Belfast, Northern Ireland, destined for America.

Funding for the DeLorean came from the British Government as well as various celebrities including Johnny Carson, racing legend Jackie Stewart and Sammy Davis Jr. Initial sales in 1981 were excellent, and sales for the following year were expected to double. 1982 however, would prove to be far from excellent. A recession was in top gear in the United States, interest rates were high and the government in England was changing. John "rolled the dice" and upped production to give the impression that sales were rising, but newly elected Prime Minister Margret Thatcher didn't buy it. Her decision to refuse additional operating capital sent the DeLorean Motor Company into dire straits. John was quickly running out of money to run the daily operations of the company and began seeking funding to save his company from anywhere he could.
    Help arrived in the form of a business deal which would provide $18,000,000.00 on a $2,000,000.00 investment. Mr DeLorean soon learned this involved importing and selling of cocaine and declined to have any part of the deal. It was only after being told "If you back out on this, you will receive your daughter's head in a box" that he reluctantly agreed. In October 1982, Mr. DeLorean, after leaving a letter with his lawyer to be opened only should he not return from a meeting with the "drug dealers", was arrested in a Los Angeles hotel room.
    The drug dealers that threatened him were actually F.B.I. Agents and informants, and Mr. DeLorean found himself the victim of a government sting operation. The "show trial" that followed did exactly what it was intended to do... destroy his character, but it couldn't convict him. In 1984 DeLorean was aquitted of all charges and contrary to popular belief, never went to jail. The closest he ever came to any cocaine was when the F.B.I. agents brought it to the hotel room he was in. The DeLorean Motor Company fell into receivership and was sold off in 1983. The body panel dies were sold as scrap and now lay at the bottom of Ard's Bay in northern Ireland, insuring no more DeLorean automobiles would ever again be made.

Just over 8,500 cars were ever made and approximately 6,000 are believed to exist today, however the number that are actually roadworthy is not known. This example received a frame off restoration which was finished in 2006. The restoration involved stripping the car to the bare frame, re-coating the frame and then rebuilt from the ground up. Every single part, nut, bolt,hose, etc. was replaced with N.O.S. parts and newly improved modern parts, including a new engine and transmission. Among the options are a massaged engine with 50+ horsepower over the stock powerplant, an upgraded Alpine sound system, and an Eibach suspension package (the factory suspension was raised to meet DOT requirements at the time; the Eibach setup lowers the car down to the original factory ride height). Also upgraded were Xenon boosted headlights and machined finished wheels.

On March 19, 2005, Mr. DeLorean died in Summit New Jersey from complications of a stroke at the age of 80.

Men who dream big and set high goals are the first to be ridiculed if they fail. They are ridiculed by people who never even bother to try. It took guts to do what Mr. DeLorean tried to do. He was a self made man who welcomed challenge and never gave up on his dreams. He lived an amazing full life...we should all be so lucky.

Thanks, I can use some of that mostly I was looking for information about the car itself.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

My VIN:    3937

Delorean Brochure - Wilson Hitchings.pdfDMC poster Justin Mettee.pdf

These are both good and might be what you are looking for on the car. One was made by Justin and the other from Wilson. Not used with permission, just one of the numerous files that litter my computer after seeing them on here at some point and saving them to the harddrive.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Delorean Brochure - Wilson Hitchings.pdfDMC poster Justin Mettee.pdf

These are both good and might be what you are looking for on the car. One was made by Justin and the other from Wilson. Not used with permission, just one of the numerous files that litter my computer after seeing them on here at some point and saving them to the harddrive.
    Same with this one:
    Attached Files

For the very few times I ever do show my car, I now take the explod-a-view poster that I have framed. It's very informative and attractive and chopped with info. I use a small stand that puts it at a good angle

display.jpg